Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.S. Visa Application Photos

Options
  • 28-01-2009 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I'm applying for a holiday visa to the states. There is a requirement for 2 photographs that are 2 inches by 2 inches (50mmX50mm) in size. Does anyone know where I could get these size photos taken in the city? I've asked around in a couple of pharmacies outside the city but none of them did photos that size. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not sure but ring Fahy photo and ask - 56 2283

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The one down by Brown Thomas does them but f'ked mine up...I went to the US Embassy and got told they were the wrong size..mine was for the American passport though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I asked this question before (did you do a search? - tut tut)
    I went to a number of pharmacies who did not take the proper requirements seriously, so they were rubbish. Fahyfoto & other studios wanted far too much money for them.

In the end, I went to the little photo studio on St Vincents ave in Woodquay.
    (091)564139
    He knew the exact requirements of the embassy without me showing him the application form and the cost was either a tenner or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭synacron trion

snubbleste wrote: »
    I asked this question before (did you do a search? - tut tut)
    I went to a number of pharmacies who did not take the proper requirements seriously, so they were rubbish. Fahyfoto & other studios wanted far too much money for them.

(091)564139
    He knew the exact requirements of the embassy without me showing him the application form and the cost was either a tenner or less.

Guilty...I didn't search :o

Thanks for the info. I'll head there to get the photos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

fahy foto is 20 euro for the Green Card photo but yours is a holiday visa so it may be cheaper because of the less stringent requirements (no. of pixels etc).

That's assuming that they reqs for a holiday visa photo are less than a green card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Got mien in matt o flaherty's beside BT. Pretty sure it was less the a tenner. Just be sure that they understand that the pics are for a US visa and not a passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

kraggy wrote: »
    fahy foto is 20 euro for the Green Card photo but yours is a holiday visa so it may be cheaper because of the less stringent requirements (no. of pixels etc).

That's assuming that they reqs for a holiday visa photo are less than a green card.

I went into FF a couple of months ago looking for photos for a driving licence. yer man in there made a point of asking me if the photo's were for a US visa, so they know there stuff. as other's have said head in and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

Fahyfoto & other studios wanted far too much money for them.

(091)564139

cant argue with saving money...
    (given the current climate.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Is the holiday visa not the one where you turn up at the airport and fill in the green form. Or with the new system, fill in the form online?

cooperguy wrote: »
    Is the holiday visa not the one where you turn up at the airport and fill in the green form. Or with the new system, fill in the form online?

There is a Visa Waiver program where you can go to the USA for up to 90 days provided you fit certain criteria. I'm going for more than 90 days so I need to apply for a full tourist/holiday visa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

ah i see. Thats some holiday. Enjoy

(091)564139

Went there today with my mate (he needed to get the same photos for passport. The guy there knew exactly what we were looking for as you said and even showed us the photos against a guide after he had them developed.

Thanks again for the info!

Advertisement