Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone Masts + Reception - Query

• 28-01-2009 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Is it reasonable to assume that the closer you physically are to a mast, the better the reception will be?
    How large a factor is overall mast usage in the equation regardless of proximity?
    I'm moving house and reception with both Voda and 3 is patchy in the new area. I've been on Comreg's siteviewer website and notice that o2 have a mast directly across the road whereas Voda and 3 masts are approx 1/2km away (maybe a bit less ....further away in any case).
    Vodafone falls back to 2G in the area most of the time and 3 has a 3G signal but very weak. Both are worse indoors.
    Any advice, suggestions, enlightenment?
    Cheers,
    Q

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

If you can PM me with your location i can give you an idea of the shadow our mast will provide if it helps with your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Done. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Cool, I should have an answer for you in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Thanks Daryll.

Advertisement