Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing Email address associated to Gamertag

• 28-01-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭

How is it done? I can't sign into MSNlive (and hence do all the cool queuing stuff whilst at work) with the email address that I have attributed to my gamertag and so need to change it to a MSN live (hotmail) addresss

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't think you can do it, duploelabs. I think you are locked to the email address associated with the gamertag when you set it up. Why can you not access it any more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No, the thing is that it's a gmail account which you cannot use to log into MSN live. Or am I missing something really obvious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

You can use any email address to create a windows live account, not necessarily msn/hotmail. But you don't even need to use the same address to sign into live messenger on your xbox, you can use any live account.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cpt Tremendous

I have changed the email associated with my XBL account, go to xbox.com and you should be able to do it there, then just change it on the box when you have done it online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

They used to have a restriction on this but it was changed during one of the updates. Now, just set up your e-mail with Windows Live/MSN and then you can change your Xbox account over to it. My account was stuck with a Hotmail e-mail on it, but I changed it sometime last year to my private e-mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

koneko wrote: »
    They used to have a restriction on this but it was changed during one of the updates. Now, just set up your e-mail with Windows Live/MSN and then you can change your Xbox account over to it. My account was stuck with a Hotmail e-mail on it, but I changed it sometime last year to my private e-mail.
    Do you know if it's possible to change back to your original email? There's a 30 day limit before changing again but Microsoft informed me I couldn't switch back to my original email address.
    I only changed to try changing my age settings :mad:

yeah everytime you go in to change your details, it asks you for a log in with the email address greyed out. To make matters worse the email address is even mis-spelt, god knows what I was doing when i set it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Whats this cool queuing stuff you're talkin about?

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Whats this cool queuing stuff you're talkin about?
    this qool stuff
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/default.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭CodedFire

You can use any email address for that, the trick is to google msn passport in google. Then using your current email addy (EG gmail) you sign up to microsoft passport services. This allows you to do all the things (msn xbox) stuff that you can do with a regular msn/hotmail account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement