Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey about the canal

Options
  • 28-01-2009 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

According to an article in the current Castleknock Gazette, Waterways Ireland are undertaking a survey about people's use of the canals and towpaths.
    You can take the survey online.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Great link Daymobrew thanks. I'm hoping they do something between Ashtown and Blanch as that would suit me down to the ground! Its a beautilf walk along there, but there's no footpath so you have to be prepared to get mucky - a new towpath would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

deswalsh wrote: »
    I'm hoping they do something between Ashtown and Blanch as that would suit me down to the ground! Its a beautilf walk along there, but there's no footpath so you have to be prepared to get mucky - a new towpath would be great.
    I used to cycle between Ashtown and Phibsborough - it was a good route. I changed back to using the road because you could get caught at Ratoath Road for ages if the level crossing wasn't down.
    I would still use it for days when I jog to work (train from Coolmine to Ashtown or Broombridge).

One day I made the mistake of jogging the towpath between Ashtown and Blanch - I was a mess after.

Joan Burton raised the idea of improving the towpaths back in February 2007.

Advertisement