Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend me a Windscreen cleaner!

• 28-01-2009 12:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭

Lads,

I currently use Zymol Glass and a microfibre cloth to clean my windscreen but I'm noticing that it's leaving tiny fibres behind afterwards which are hard to remove and are very visible when driving when the sun is shining directly on to the windscreen!

So I'm just wondering what you guys use to clean and/or polish and what type of cloth.

Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Windex on the inside with a rag I bought in Tesco, supposed to be for floors but is actually better than micro imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Vinegar and newspaper, cheap and can't be beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

just be careful using newspaper if your windows are tinted...it can scratch the coating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

One of those JML micro fibre cloths...great for inside and outside the car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I use Turtle Wax glass cleaner and one sheet of newspaper to soak it up. No more streaks or fibres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭damoz

cjt156 wrote: »
    Vinegar and newspaper, cheap and can't be beat.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Mark V Window Sheen glass cleaner (I clay first), then sealed with Crystal Vision glass sealant, all applied with microfibre wipes, I get from a friend.

The JML microfibre wipes you use to be able to get in Heatons are good enough, not that plush though. They do ones now from Car-Pride, a microfibre polishing cloth, a pale orange colour for 2 quid I think. Or else I got ones in Tesco recently Kent yellow microfibre buffing cloths reduced from 4.50 to 2.25. Good value.

Most household glass cleaners you buy aren't the best for cars, better to buy ones that are made specially for the auto trade. Zymol stuff is overpriced anyway for what you get. You are paying a premium for fancy packaging, not a better product.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭buddyboy

Autoglym car glass polish, have been using it for years, great stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

buddyboy wrote: »
    Autoglym car glass polish, have been using it for years, great stuff

+1

Advertisement