Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy hit by taxi

Options
  • 28-01-2009 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Did anyone see the guy getting hit by a taxi outside vivo last wednesday night?? It happened around half 2, guy was running across the road and got hit. Wasnt the taxi drivers fault at all, then people start kicking and punching the taxi and the guy (a foreign national) drove off.

To be honest I felt bad for the guy, the lad who got hit, was hurt but he was being a knob running out in front of the taxi, and if the taxi guy had hung around , I'm pretty sure he would have gotten a kicking, never heard anything about it on the news or anything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

In the eyes of the law the Taxi driver will be at fault (I'm not saying I agree with this)

Also, the Taxi driver left the scene of an accident. Double trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Eyre Square at night is a bitch to drive around at night. Guy probably had it coming. Taxi drivers in Galway have a tough time of it. They need the students but theres a few bad apples in the bunch. Two lads ran out of a taxi when they asked to stop at pass machine in Newcastle before and ran into the complex where my girlfriend lives sooo close to getting to hit them :( Taxi came in just as they'd hopped the wall...eejits said on the phone to someone where they were going so hopefully he got them

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Must have been bloody NUi's. Bastards can't drink soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Did anyone see the guy getting hit by a taxi outside vivo last Wednesday night??

Was only a matter of time before this happened, you wouldn't believe how stupid fella's and girls can be with excessive amounts of drink, having said that i worked last Friday night but heard noubt bout this incident. What time of the night ? Post-nightclub time ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

Was only a matter of time before this happened, you wouldn't believe how stupid fella's and girls can be with excessive amounts of drink, having said that i worked last Friday night but heard noubt bout this incident. What time of the night ? Post-nightclub time ?

Yeah it was like between 2.15 and 2.45, I had just come out of the beach party in karma, and was about to drive home, i picked up some people outside londis and seen it, to be honest, I'm kinda glad that i didnt hear or read anything about it, hopefully it means the taxi driver didn't get in trouble for something he couldnt prevent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Students on alcohol = kids running after a ball onto the street. Yes me too when I was a student :(

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

i'm glad someone was hit. really i am, it might make people think before walking out in front of a ton and a bit of moving metal.

the amount of stupid cuntz that walk out in front of cars in this town is unreal, then the look that you'll get from same cuntz for beeping them. it's enough to make you want to knock them down.....and back over them.

i'm just sorry in wasn't me that knocked them down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

yeah i see it happen a good bit outside vivo. dodgy with two lanes of traffic coming at ya.

However pedestrians arent *always* to blame in this town.

More than a few times iv pressed the button and waited for the little green man and as i was about to cross some Cnut in a car will either fly past me or il have to physically point to the driver that the light is green for ME to walk, sorry but it annoys the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

More than a few times iv pressed the button and waited for the little green man and as i was about to cross some Cnut in a car will either fly past me or il have to physically point to the driver that the light is green for ME to walk, sorry but it annoys the hell out of me.

Fair point, very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

JohnCleary wrote: »

Also, the Taxi driver left the scene of an accident. Double trouble.

the law has allowances for laws like this to be wavered if you are in danger. the taxi should have reported it to the local garda station though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement