Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with relative sponsored visa

Options
  • 28-01-2009 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I am applying for a working skilled visa but I need a relative in Oz to sponsor me to get visa approval. Problem is my relative moved to Oz about 35 years ago and does not have his birth cert. Is there anything I can do from my end like getting a family tree document etc.

Has anyone been in the same situation that could give me some advice? Thanks.

K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I am applying for a working skilled visa but I need a relative in Oz to sponsor me to get visa approval. Problem is my relative moved to Oz about 35 years ago and does not have his birth cert. Is there anything I can do from my end like getting a family tree document etc.

Has anyone been in the same situation that could give me some advice? Thanks.

K

I would see can he get another from the office in Ireland that issues them, the long one

Sorry that's a smidgin over no help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

It's super easy to get a birth cert for anybody in Ireland who was born there. Scarily easy in fact.

I'm fairly certain all you need to know is his full name, his date of birth, his mother's maiden name, and the hospital he was born in. Then head in to the births, marriages and deaths office. It's about 2 mins walk from Pearse Dart Station; turn right down Westland Row when you exit the station, then cross over Pearse street onto Lombard street and it's about 30 metres down on your right. You normally get a ticket and have to wait about 45 mins or something, but it's pretty easy. I know all this because I successfully stole my 18 yo brother's identity when I was 15 so I could get into pubs. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

if a relative is sponsoring you, does it have to be for the same line of work you are getting the skilled visa for?

e.g. my relations in Oz are electricians, but I'm not...

seachto7 wrote: »
    if a relative is sponsoring you, does it have to be for the same line of work you are getting the skilled visa for?

e.g. my relations in Oz are electricians, but I'm not...

No, they just have to be related to you and living in Oz. You don't even have to move to/ settle in the same vicinity as them, they just have to be living somewhere in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

hmm. I must find out more. Are there any good info sites on the ins and outs of this? Does it take long? Cost much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Daithio wrote: »
    It's super easy to get a birth cert for anybody in Ireland who was born there. Scarily easy in fact.

I'm fairly certain all you need to know is his full name, his date of birth, his mother's maiden name, and the hospital he was born in. Then head in to the births, marriages and deaths office. It's about 2 mins walk from Pearse Dart Station; turn right down Westland Row when you exit the station, then cross over Pearse street onto Lombard street and it's about 30 metres down on your right. You normally get a ticket and have to wait about 45 mins or something, but it's pretty easy. I know all this because I successfully stole my 18 yo brother's identity when I was 15 so I could get into pubs. :o

Really?!! That's all I need? Surly I'd need my relative in Oz to contact the birth cert office to nominate me to collect the document. I'll be amazed if I don't.

K

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Really?!! That's all I need? Surly I'd need my relative in Oz to contact the birth cert office to nominate me to collect the document. I'll be amazed if I don't.

K

Well as of about 3 years ago this was definitely all you needed. I got a birth cert for my sis when she was in the States, honestly, they don't even ask for ID. They may have changed the laws since then, but it was 100% defo that easy a few years back. Call them and find out maybe?

Advertisement