Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste Options

Options
  • 28-01-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can help me.

My home in limerick is currently onoccupied during the week due to unfortunate cirmcumstances I'd rather not discuss.

I come home every weekend/or two weekends, and that is as much as anyone is in the house.

However, I generate rubbish, which i would like to dispose of legally.

I don't want to pay €460 for the year to Mr. Binman for a bin that might be left out 4-5 times in the year

They told me they have plastic bags I could buy and just leave out, but when i went to buy them, I was told I need a permit from City Hall.

What are my options? I don't want to have to visit the dump, it's in Kilmallock which is miles away.......please help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

Can you take the rubbish back to your other dwelling and dispose of it with the rest of your rubbish from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

I can do for say one bag, but not for much more(small car)

Plus don't want to be sticking bags of smelly rubbish in the boot...

And my other dwelling is 3 hours away....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

any neighbour locally that would let u chuck it in their bin in exchange for some cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

thewing wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can help me.

My home in limerick is currently onoccupied during the week due to unfortunate cirmcumstances I'd rather not discuss.

I come home every weekend/or two weekends, and that is as much as anyone is in the house.

However, I generate rubbish, which i would like to dispose of legally.

I don't want to pay €460 for the year to Mr. Binman for a bin that might be left out 4-5 times in the year
    They told me they have plastic bags I could buy and just leave out, but when i went to buy them, I was told I need a permit from City Hall.

What are my options? I don't want to have to visit the dump, it's in Kilmallock which is miles away.......please help!
    thewing wrote: »
    I can do for say one bag, but not for much more(small car)
    Plus don't want to be sticking bags of smelly rubbish in the boot...

And my other dwelling is 3 hours away....

Why can't you get the permit from City Hall?

If it's only 4 or 5 times a year surely you could manage to bring it home with you to dump from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

If you're only there at weekends , just take the rubbish away with you on a sunday evening when you go. It won't get a chance to go that smelly over the weekend. You can always double bag it just to be sure.

This option is a bit outside the box, but you could buy one of the special nappy bins. They can keep the smell from nappies inside, so it would probably work for rubbish too. Then just stick the nappy bin in the car when you're going away and it will keep the smell trapped, until you can put it in your other bin. You could separate your rubbish, so the smelly stuff goes in that bin. Non smelly stuff can just go in a regular bin bag and can be transported no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Some good info here on recycling waste here:

http://www.limerickrecyclingcentres.ie/

Advertisement