Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

financing college...

Options
  • 28-01-2009 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all,

just looking for a bit of advice. I already have an undergraduate degree. I have spent a few years since graduating trying to find work in this field to no avail so I am hopefully returning to college in Sept. I have applied as a mature student to do a 4 year undergraduate degree.

Is it feasible to think that I will be able to afford to finance myself and my studies - provided I get accepted to do the course... Is there anyone out there who has experience of supporting themselves through college? My first time through I college I was receiving a grant so I know I can't get this again. I'm not on the dole so I won't qualify for the BTEA. Perhaps a loan, the student assistance fund, getting a part-time job and tax relief are the only financial reliefs I can apply for....I'm not sure...

Anyway, I suppose what I'm really looking for is to hear from people who have been through this themselves. It's a terribly scary thought to think of how I'm going to afford it and how much debt I'll be in...(the thought of not doing it and being miserable for 40 years is worse though!!)

HOW DID YOU DO IT?!

thanks for any replies!

Advertisement