Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tag rugby?

Options
  • 28-01-2009 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

Hello guys, I am just putting this in here because I think its better than putting it into the rugby section. I am just wondering how many people would be interested in setting up a B team for the spring league? Its on in St Marys, and I was thinking about having it on a thursday. I haven't got the price, but it would be in or around 50euro to play and perhaps another 25euro or so for the special shorts and some t-shirt.
    Its mixed, so its open to both sexes. Its the b league so it would suit anyone really, but you would be playing against people who can throw a rugby ball and who can run well. Any more questions I'd be willing to answer. I don't imagine I'll get many responces, but we'll see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Don't think registration for spring league is up yet, looking to put our team in aswell. I'm sure you'll get interest as there are many people who want to play but don't know how to get in touch with teams.

Edit:
    Just checked the site there, registration for members starts on the 5th of feb and for general it starts on the 9th

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'd be interested. Played last summer and had some craic.

Team Boards?

Robbo wrote: »
    I'd be interested. Played last summer and had some craic.

Team Boards?

Don't do that, I'll feel really bad when we beat you by so much:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

We were team scorchio last summer (undefeated by the way...)

Robbo we'll see how the thread goes. I'm thinking getting women will be the difficult part.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Sniipe wrote: »
    I'm thinking getting women will be the difficult part.
    We may have to review the internets usual policy of "pics or GTFO"...

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    We may have to review the internets usual policy of "pics or GTFO"...

Noooooooooooooooooo

Robbo we'll see how the thread goes. I'm thinking getting women will be the difficult part.

You were lucky in the final last year sniipe! We were missing our best player, me:D

I take it this is broken limb Walshie I'm talking to here? I believe we pretty much hammered ye and we were missing our best female player also. Rory here btw

No not broken limb, the other one! I was away on a beach somewhere, far better than the rain in Galway.

ahh, think I know who u are :) . Anyway back on topic; anyone else interested?

• Advertisement

update: we now have 7 guys (including you robbo) and 0 girls

Its on a Sunday at approx 2pm and its looking like the price to play is only about 30-35euro. We will deffinately be in the B league (idelly for people who have played before or who are relatively fit, by that I mean can run a lap of a pitch without having a heart attack)

John, Rory, Gar, Steve, Kev, Cormac & [Robbo]

Sundays at 2, really?? Ah man lots of getting sick so it looks like!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Ye were fairly handy all right. I think ye were in our group (The Blue Bottlers)
    We're entering again this year. Good aul craic if not taken too seriously.
    Kippy

yea we played ye a few times, in 2 leagues if I'm not mistaken. Blue bottlers are decent. A good few of the origional team are gone now, hence the online recruitment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

My team have been registered for the C league today. Looks like we wont be facing the elite 'B' league team being formed here:D

Best of luck copperguy in the C league, bring some armor...

updated team: 8 guys, 0 girls. (I'm sure no girls read the galway thread in boards :D )

John, Rory (me), Gar, Steve, Kev, Cormac, [Robbo] & Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Best of luck copperguy in the C league, bring some armor...

updated team: 8 guys, 0 girls. (I'm sure no girls read the galway thread in boards :D )

John, Rory (me), Gar, Steve, Kev, Cormac, [Robbo] & Ken
    Bring some armour? Iv never played before what am I to expect!

Yeah the armor is needed so you can take the all the barging and tackles. only messin, its all non contact stuff.

Update on the teams: 9 guys, 0 girls... we need girls!
    John, Rory (me), Gar, Steve, Kev, Cormac, [Robbo], Ken & [DockFive/Damien]

More details:
    Its on Sundays. Here is the site

The VOLVIC TAG Spring League 2008 will kick off on March 30th and run for 6 weeks. No matches will take place on Sunday May 4th. Therefore the final round of matches will take place on Sunday May 11th. Please note that if matches are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, games may also take place on Sunday May 18th.

times vary week to week as follows:
    Round 1 Kick-off: 14:15
    Round 2 Kick-off: 15:00
    Round 3 Kick-off: 15:45

This is for 2008 , will it be the same for 2009?

good point. I assume it will be similar, but here is what I got from an email.
    The venue and cost have still to be decided – last year for the Spring League it was €375 so it will be in and around that again. Week 1 kicks off on Sunday 22nd March and runs until Sun 10th May – 6 weeks (not on the 2 bank holiday weekends in between).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ellie2528

I'd be up for it - is it too late now? I'm a girl - 26, not the fittest, but can run no problem.

Let me know
    ellen

Hey Ellen, no I don't think you are too late. We are still short girls. People should IM me their name and contact number and I'll add you to the group messaging list and should be sending texts out soon enough about the registration fee, details on the shorts and details about the top we will be wearing. We wore the ireland jersey last year, so maybe we'll do the same again.

John, Rory (me), Gar, Steve, Kev, Cormac, [Robbo], Ken, [DockFive/Damian], [Ellie2528/Ellen], Siobhan, Catherine, Cora & Michael.

I will need your details Robbo and DockFive(Damien). I think we're pretty full at the moment, but 1 more girls would make it perfect.

Registration is today.

Team is entered in the B league as Scorchio

We are still down 1 girl... come on girlz!

also DockFive, PM sent

Advertisement