Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing .NET on D instead of C

Options
  • 28-01-2009 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

I'm wanting to install dotnetfx3setup.exe on my PC but have space issues on my C drive. But it doesn't seem to have option to change directories. Loked around MS knowledge base but couldn't find anything.
    I am currently trying to force it to install anyway, we'll see how it goes...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Dont think you can install it anywhere but where it wants to go.

Can you not free up some space on C. remove your uninstall folders under windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

check the windows temp folder,

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks I did a major cleanup of C, incl compressing files so managed to get enough space for the install.
    It's just that so many applications have the optional directory option nowadays I was hoping there was a tweak during install I could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Only other thing would be to use orca and see if you can edit the msi package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭totoal

could you setup a NTFS junction?
    Take a look here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_junction_point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭stephenlane80

nialo wrote: »
    Only other thing would be to use orca and see if you can edit the msi package.

If the the msi is changed to install on D:, i will also be necessary to make sure the apropriate registry entries point to the new location

Advertisement