Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork people on the News last night

Options
  • 28-01-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see the people from Cork that they interviewed in relation to the GAA players story?

They were the biggest bunch of idiots I think you could possibly find on the streets of Cork.

The last fella with the Gooamy scobie look was a disgrace. He didn't even have a clue what he was on about. RTE are such pricks for allowing it.
    Neway, that's my rant for the day.
    L8rz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I saw that, they seem to have looked specifically for people in track suits to give an opinion. TV3 yesterday evening were interviewing people outside the dole office in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

It seems like every time the news or a documentry shows people form Cork they always pick the bewildered to represent the views of Cork. Its a bit cringy really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

On the dole office clip they had a girl who could barely speak english and she was very happy to be getting €200 a week for nothing, said she could easily live on it:eek:I'm still wondering how these people manage to pay electricity and gas bills. The older man seemed lovely and made lots of sense too so I hope he finds a new job soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

What the hell was the last fella on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Off topic but:
    IMO People should be given 3 years Dole at the most. If they can't get work in that time in what ever it is they do then they should be forced to work for half pay and get half dole in what ever job is offered to them. Employers would love it and so would those of us giving out half their pay cheques on tax....
    It should also be half given out in coupons so that the useless bastard can't spend it all on drink.
    The worst is those langballs that are on the dole and not even living in the country. They make me sick! I know of someone who has a a free apartment in Dublin and full dole. And he spends 2 of every 3 months in eastern europe having a laugh. Both his parents are stinking rich... how does this kind of thing happen!?
    Ah well, I'm just irate that I'm stuck in an office all the time :( still tho, I also hate hippies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Bill-e, I totally understand what you mean. I know of a guy who couldnt wait to turn 18, so he could sign on the dole, he is now 27 and has never worked.
    A few years ago I was laid off work, was waiting 6 weeks to get any money, and had to go in to meet someone every week with lists of all the jobs I applied for, How is this guy still getting away with it??

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

Bill-e wrote: »
    work for half pay and get half dole in what ever job. It should also be half given out in coupons .

Wow cool idea you should be the minister for finance.:rolleyes:

Advertisement