Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Fridge Freezer - Slow water flow

• 28-01-2009 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I have an LG american style fridge freezer. The problem is that the water flow is very slow. It takes around 2 mins to fill a pint glass.
    Does anyone know if this is normal? Is there a pump on these fridges, maybe mine is not working?

My water flow from the main kitchen tap is fast, so it's not an issue with the main water pressure. The pipe feeding the fridge is very small, but I think this is normal. Yet I have seen other fridge freezers and the water flow is much faster.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I had a similar problem with my Whirlpool when it was installed. The doors had to be removed to get into the kitchen which involved disconnecting the water pipe that runs through the hinge. I discovered that the water pipe was trapped. I released it and the water flow improved. I imagine there is some sort of valve that restricts the pressure as full mains pressure would be ridiculous! It's still slow in my opinion but I can live with it - it's not a slow as what you are describing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

Is it newly installed?
    If not, when did you last change your water filter? and check that the flow through the filter is the right way and not back to front
    As crosstownk wrote, check all the tubes leading to the fridge to make sure that none are kinked.

Advertisement