Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little warning in advance of this weekends UFC.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

I think the problem lay in Dragans wording of the post. Im sure he had good intentions, eg. stopping flamewars etc but the post just came across as a mod posting on a powertrip.

Thanks for clearing it up a bit anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

subvictory wrote: »
    Your life seems to revolve around making up obscure rules on this board and banning people for whatever catches your fancy on your little powertrip. Do everyone a favor and hand over your mod duties to someone who has a scrap of cop on.

**** it, i couldn't be arsed making extra work for Neil.

Peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

subvictory wrote: »
    Your life seems to revolve around making up obscure rules on this board and banning people for whatever catches your fancy on your little powertrip. Do everyone a favor and hand over your mod duties to someone who has a scrap of cop on.

No , my life revolves around things outside of boards.

As i am the subject of 50% of your posting, i can only assume that YOUR life, revolves around me?

While i would like to thank your for the compliment i have to say i am not interested. Ask me REAL nice and i might just send you a signed picture.

Everyone else, what Neil said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

A little warning ahead of UFC 94

- Don't start drinking too early by the time 5am comes around you may be too drunk to remember the fight
    - Order pizza before your local pizza place closes, cold pizza is a great during UFC snack and also helps prevent warning 1
    - Stay up till at least 3am on Friday night, body adjustment and all that
    - Go to the bookies and put money on GSP by decision :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Chris89 wrote: »
    let people have their say, this is an internet forum.

Mirwillbeback ( i think is his name ) and myself almost had a bet about the Mir fight, there was a bit of i told you soing after, I doubt either of us lost much sleep.

We'll be banned for bad spelling next.

Personally, I couldn't sleep for days, I was buzzing cos I was SO right. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

This is one of the weirdest threads I have ever read from a mod.

Gloating is part of the fun on forums - the good old I told ya so. It's harmless banter. As for taking credit out of some other dudes work - I dont know where that came from or how it is even possible.

I predict BJ to win and if he wins I will bask in his glory and steel his thunder. Ya'll be better be ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭p to the e

Dragan wrote: »
    No , my life revolves around things outside of boards.

As i am the subject of 50% of your posting, i can only assume that YOUR life, revolves around me?

While i would like to thank your for the compliment i have to say i am not interested. Ask me REAL nice and i might just send you a signed picture.

Everyone else, what Neil said.

see i told you all DRAGAN was right. See everybody i was right and you were wrong.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

From a modding point of view, I personally, want to interfere with discussions as little as possible.

But recognise that there is a difference between...

"I was really impressed with BJ, felt his wrestling was much improved. Was a little surprised that his cardio held up so well. I picked him to win, but didnt expect him to take a decision."

..and...

"I told you guys BJ would destroy GSP. You guys dont know anything about MMA"

In some ways the forum is a victim of its own sucess, the sport is expanding massively, and so is the fanbase. This means there is alot more posters, and back and forward banter can fill up pages and pages of threads. This can be very tedious to read.

In this case, the mods are trying to avoid a ten page thread filled with comments similar to the second example. Ideally posts, should be on-topic, constructive and respectful.

Dont forget the spoiler rules aswell guys. Its in the first sticky thread on the board.

Dudes express themselves in many different ways. Some dudes analyze the fight and then put that into written words others simply say "he got his ass handed to him, told ya"

This is a forum and with freedom of speech and all that malarky guys should be allowed to speak their mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

Seriously guys...... Blown way out of proportion now. Live and let live. Lets just leave it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

T-K-O wrote: »
    Dudes express themselves in many different ways.

thats deep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

T-K-O wrote: »
    This is one of the weirdest threads I have ever read from a mod.

Gloating is part of the fun on forums - the good old I told ya so. It's harmless banter. As for taking credit out of some other dudes work - I dont know where that came from or how it is even possible.
    MMA, serious business!
    The main problem with this forum is that there are two types of people who visit, those actively participating in MMA and those who like to watch guys getting paid to knock the sh!t out of each other. The former seem to have some high and mighty attitudes with their opinions because they have experienced the fun of getting punched in the head and choked out. When in reality it's just a sport like any other and should be allowed to be commented on like any other.
    You don't like guys shouting at footballers on the tv in the pub? Then stay at home.
    You don't like people giving their opinions on things they have no clue about? Then stay off the internet.

I agree with you - I have no problem with guys coming on here and giving their opinion - even it their opinion is ridiculous.

A good board will have guys posting from all different types of backgrounds and experiences. I do agree that it is annoying that some people seem to think they know more than others just because they have tapped out in their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Seifer wrote: »
    The main problem with this forum is that there are two types of people who visit, those actively participating in MMA and those who like to watch guys getting paid to knock the sh!t out of each other.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

dunkamania wrote: »
    many threads have descended into quote laden petiness.

cough*rovert*cough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Valmont wrote: »
    cough*rovert*cough

^ Take a look in the mirror with that comment. If that aint petty I dont know what is.

When have my posts been petty exactly anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Dont start with the pettiness guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭RNCFAN

TomPetty4.jpg

Advertisement