Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom exchange in Portlaoise

Options
  • 28-01-2009 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hey all - was talkin about the brutal evening/weekend pings etc. in another thread but I thought I'd start a new one specific to people who are connected to the Portloaise exchange.
    Loads of people in my area have described similar problems re:ridiculously high pings and slow speeds from around 6.30pm to 12am during the week and aswell over the weekend.
    Most of us have been through the mill and back with eircom tech support and have concluded that the problem is not "spyware on my computer" and that the problem is in fact on eircoms end - and more specifically, congestion related to the exchange in Portlaoise.
    Rumour has it that this exchange is being upgraded but so far no one at Eircom seems to have any details on how long it is going to take.
    I thought maybe anyone who has updates could add them hear so we all know whats going on.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

fran))) wrote: »
    Hey all - was talkin about the brutal evening/weekend pings etc. in another thread but I thought I'd start a new one specific to people who are connected to the Portloaise exchange.
    Loads of people in my area have described similar problems re:ridiculously high pings and slow speeds from around 6.30pm to 12am during the week and aswell over the weekend.
    Most of us have been through the mill and back with eircom tech support and have concluded that the problem is not "spyware on my computer" and that the problem is in fact on eircoms end - and more specifically, congestion related to the exchange in Portlaoise.
    Rumour has it that this exchange is being upgraded but so far no one at Eircom seems to have any details on how long it is going to take.
    I thought maybe anyone who has updates could add them hear so we all know whats going on.
    Thanks.

Well i can tell you that Magnet have unbundled the exchange for ADSL2+. Contention of 1:1 (this helps avoid problems at peak times) and Magnet would traditionally have lower ping times (fibre optic link direct to UK and US servers). I know this is a blatant plug, but really.......It could very well be the solution to your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 fran)))

Cheers Rorser but I phoned them today and they said Magnet is still not available in Athy - I'd switch in a heartbeat if they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

the please ring eircom if is mainly concerned with the portlaoise exchange

neilk32 wrote: »
    the please ring eircom if is mainly concerned with the portlaoise exchange

I believe I already outlined that i have been through the mill with eircom and they have not given me any information on the status of the proposed exchange upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

the thread titled "please ring eircom if" is mainly about the portlaoise exchange because it is mainly people on the exchange having the latency problems every night.

• Advertisement

Apologies, misread yer post.

Advertisement