Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go for fluff?

Options
  • 28-01-2009 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

I'm looking to get a tattoo of a gibbon down the outside of my right thigh. I'm just wondering who would be the best artist in Ireland to go to for this, as it's basically a big fuzzball, and a few artists i've asked say that hair and fur is tricky.

Here are some pics of gibbons that I'm using for source material. I want him basically swinging from my hip, down to my knee, so he'll be nice and big.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You looking for it realistic, or stylized?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Joe myler mebbe down in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm looking to get a tattoo of a gibbon down the outside of my right thigh. I'm just wondering who would be the best artist in Ireland to go to for this, as it's basically a big fuzzball, and a few artists i've asked say that hair and fur is tricky.

Here are some pics of gibbons that I'm using for source material. I want him basically swinging from my hip, down to my knee, so he'll be nice and big.

Sounds fcukin class in fairness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

I'm afraid I have no words of wisdom to offer you, but I must say it sounds like a really cool idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Thank you for the encouragement, peoples:) I'm looking to get it pretty photo-realistic, damo. I've got a psychadelic orangutan on the other thigh, want to balance it out a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Have to say in that case I echo Wills suggestion of Joe in JMDs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Joe Myler sounds like an ideal choice, if you don't want to go down to Waterford try Jani, Justin Russell or Remis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

check out the fluffiness of image 14 in Darren's profile here: :)http://www.colourworkstattoostudio.com/

edit - just checked the attached images there - sweet! should be an awesome tattoo. Maybe colourworks isn't suitable but sure have a gander anyway, I just saw yu were looking for fluff and that tatt sprang to mind immediately ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Molberts wrote: »
    check out the fluffiness of image 14 in Darren's profile here: :)http://www.colourworkstattoostudio.com/

Yes! That's the first image that came to my mind when I read this thread. Love that tattoo.

Advertisement