Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco

• 28-01-2009 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi

Thinnking of getting one of the samsung tocco phones. I've read good reviews on here and elsewhere, but one of my colleagues has one and doesn't like it.

A few bugs she has mentioned:

You can't copy and paste within the contacts list

You can't put a short cut on the main screen to get quickly to the "create new message" menu

Are these firmware issues that can be resolved? Or are they serious problems that can't be rectified?

I really like the look of the phone, and it is a good price on upgrade.

The other alternative I'd consider would be the LG viewty.

Any views on the above please?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Hi

Thinnking of getting one of the samsung tocco phones. I've read good reviews on here and elsewhere, but one of my colleagues has one and doesn't like it.

A few bugs she has mentioned:

You can't copy and paste within the contacts list

You can't put a short cut on the main screen to get quickly to the "create new message" menu

Are these firmware issues that can be resolved? Or are they serious problems that can't be rectified?

I really like the look of the phone, and it is a good price on upgrade.

The other alternative I'd consider would be the LG viewty.

Any views on the above please?

Thank you

Its a piece of crap, clunky, slow and annoying. The viewty is not much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

i have had this phone since august last year....

i thought it was brill until it all of a sudden started to freez ant the touch function didnt work....

sent it away to be fixed and it came back, having had 3 things replaced....

i have it back just 2 weeks and the same thing is happening again :mad:

i would advise u not to get it !!

Advertisement