Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Threads in "Motors"

Options
  • 28-01-2009 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I have a problem with the following two threads

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055254255

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055465596

I think these are the correct threads but seeing as I cant view them (due to a ban) I am not sure. I got banned for the following reason
    The views expressed in this thread are all bullsh1t coming from people who are idiots

I pm'd the moderator of the forum with my complaint about some members labelling people who drive a Toyota Altezza as "knackers" (depending on which interpretation you use I am now a member of the travelling community or associated with crime in some way) to which I was told that he agreed that action should have been taken and possibly was but he wasnt going back through everything as it was an old thread. I accepted this and that was the end of it, the thread was an old one which I didnt realise and it was accepted by the moderator that the comments should have been dealt with.

However, I find today that the second thread exists which is the exact same as the first thread. Because I own a Toyota Altezza I am now a "creamer". I cannot understand how this type of slanderous comment can be accepted the by administration that run boards.ie. I own an Insurance Brokerage and consider myself a respected businessman in my local area. I have never in anyway been in trouble with the law.

I'm disgusted that these comments are allowed to be posted and consider them an attack on my name and the name of others that I know that own this particular car who are decent hard working people.

If the thread was just about the car itself I would have no problem with it but for people to express these opinions and for the administration to allow these comments to be left as they stand is an absolute disgrace.

I would like these threads to be removed or certainly cleaned to have the slander taken out.

I await your response

Richie C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Richie. So other people don't like your choice of car. Get over it.

No matter what type of car you choose, someone will say it's driven by scumbags or hairdressers or posh bastards or travellers or fordiners or dolly birds, and so on ad infinitum.

You are getting personally offended by somebody's general opinion of your choice of car. What if someone said that only scumbags vote for your favoured political party? Or that only scumbags watch your favourite tv show? Would you be so personally offended then?

If you're happy in yourself with your choice of car, then be happy. Everyone else has an opinion, you need to accept that and get over it.

You're basically asking us to censor boards so that nobody who holds an opinion about something is allowed to say it if it offends someone else. Not going to happen.

Two things:

1. Get a dictionary and look up the meaning of "slander". It doesn't mean what you think it does.
    2. Be very careful about attempting to use legalese here to get your way. We look very seriously upon it, and using misplaced lawish-sounding words to try and scare us into doing what you want, will often end up in you being banned and us doing entirely the opposite of what you wanted, tenfold. The only reason I haven't banned you for you above post is because nothing would really be accomplished and you'd only be pissed off and none the wiser.

Advertisement