Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

User authentification issue i think?

Options
  • 28-01-2009 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

OK what it is,

I have an asp website which links to a sql server 2000 db. Now I can access all folders bar one where i get the following error...

You are not authorized to view this page
    You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Now everyone has the same access/rights to all the folders and the tables in the db.
    It was all working ok till about 3.30 yesterday avo. Nobody accessed the Server where the site resides and fooled around with the user rights.

My head is melted trying to sort this out...any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Are you getting a 401 error

This is a gret tool for sorting it http://www.iis.net/downloads/default.aspx?tabid=34&i=1285&g=6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

in asp.net the permissions for a folder are usually in the web.config file in that folder. Is there an equivalent file in asp..?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Has some group your apart of expired or a user account expired that you cant see the folder anymore. check the security permissions on the folder. someone may have changed something!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭The Mighty Dubs

Ginger wrote: »
    Are you getting a 401 error

This is a gret tool for sorting it http://www.iis.net/downloads/default.aspx?tabid=34&i=1285&g=6

ok I downloaded that tool. Very handy indeed. Got the following errors back from the report when i ran it for User rights and Priv's

• BUILTIN\Users - Not found privileges: Access this computer from the network
    • Server\IUSR_SPARK - Found privileges: Log on as a batch job; Allow log on locally Not found privileges: Access this computer from the network To check privileges of custom Anonymous user (if it configured) run 'Check Authentication' for appropriate Site

Now the wierd thing is i have Server\IUSR_SPARK with full access to the root folder of the site...

Im stumped

Some change the file perms..

Are you access via NTLM, BASIC or Anon?

• Advertisement

i have the following ticked,

Enable anonymous access
    Integrated Windows Authentification

What type of authentication do you need to use..

Also does the correct people have the correct permissions on the folders in Windows..

I am using a Windows only authentification. and yes from what i can make out, all the users have the correct rights.

Just for the s&g reset the perms on the folders that you are getting denied on

Conclusion

For anyone interested, I figured out what the issue was, there were 2 fields in a <null> status in the table. What this had to do with permissions is beyond me but its working now so i'll say nothing...

Cheers for the help any way

• Advertisement
Advertisement