Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Bank of Ireland read emails?

Options
  • 28-01-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

I am wondering if anyone else has had an email contact with Bank of Ireland? I have twice emailed Bank of Ireland over the past few weeks and have not received any reply. It is not a matter of any urgency, but surely any company could answer an email inquiry within a week? Especially when the email address is presented on the website for this very reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

I tried and got no response, had to revert to half an hour on hold to get an answer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Have never emailed BOI, but I have found that banks, in general (ie, not just Ireland), don't give much consideration to email and mainly give priority to telephone/snail mail. Not quite sure why! I think it's probably to do with email being unsecure (if referring to account numbers etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

we have a full time employee reading, actioning and replying to the emails customers send to us.

EBS has pretty good respond time to email and good email support imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Can you send the email to me and I'll try to put you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

NIB use secure email within their online banking system and it always gets a reply within 24 hours - you can then get an alert to your regular email account that you have a secure email waiting for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

I've found BOI customer service to be pretty dismal in the past, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an email response.

If it's a branch specific issue, you may be better calling that branch and asking to speak to someone (a manager, customer service manager, etc.). If it's not, call their 365 Phone service. They can answer most questions on your account, and general banking with BOI questions.

Just make sure they give you the right answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

We left BOI over issues like this..

Mind you, we are leaving Ulster Bank now; four months on we still have no PIN number and need online banking.

We have had five dud "scratch card" letters; and the"cardreader" device cannot operate without it.

We have spent hours on the phone and nothing gets sorted.

Trying TSB next :)

Kila wrote: »
    I've found BOI customer service to be pretty dismal in the past, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an email response.

If it's a branch specific issue, you may be better calling that branch and asking to speak to someone (a manager, customer service manager, etc.). If it's not, call their 365 Phone service. They can answer most questions on your account, and general banking with BOI questions.

Just make sure they give you the right answer!

Advertisement