Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor: Bill pay to PAYG

• 28-01-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

I'll be changing from a Meteor bill pay phone to pay as you go on next month. For some reason I have to wait for 90 days to get a new phone if I want to get the free credit with it.

Anyone know why this is? If I was a new customer or changing from a different network I would be eligible for the free credit straight away but not if I'm an existing customer with them. Just seems a bit silly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's their policy. You have to wait 90 days after signing onto the network or getting an upgrade to register another one.

That's pretty much it.

The reason for their policy is known only to them but more than likely it's because they don't want to give away too much credit because it all costs them.

You could try pleading your case with a CC agent who may take pity on you.

You could also investigate if porting to another network and back to Meteor would allow you avail of the credit. Not sure it would though if you've previously been a Meteor customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Random wrote: »

You could also investigate if porting to another network and back to Meteor would allow you avail of the credit. Not sure it would though if you've previously been a Meteor customer.

The guy in the meteor shop mentioned that, I'll just wait til May to get a new phone. I was just wondering why they do it.

Advertisement