Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Off the road for three years

• 28-01-2009 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

was thinking of buying a car, found what i thought was a great one. great condition and really low mileage (10000 for a 2005). then went on motorcheck.ie and it told me the car had not been on the road since the end of 2005.

anyone know why this might be or is there anything I can do to find out why its been laid up?

should i forget about it totally or can there be genuine reasons?

cheers in advance
    D77

Comments

i'm not sure about the car to be honest, i thought i was about to read a drunk driving case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,435 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

dave77 wrote: »
    was thinking of buying a car, found what i thought was a great one. great condition and really low mileage (10000 for a 2005). then went on motorcheck.ie and it told me the car had not been on the road since the end of 2005.

anyone know why this might be or is there anything I can do to find out why its been laid up?

should i forget about it totally or can there be genuine reasons?

cheers in advance
    D77

There may be genuine reasons but I wouldnt fancy even a brand new car that would be left for that long.

Advertisement