Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Primera P12 (2003) 1.6 engine replacement

• 28-01-2009 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hey - I have a 03 primera 1.6 petrol that I got last year and I soon grew suspicions that the previous owner didn't take care of it/service it - well it looks like I was right. It's begun to burn oil and the wife is on my case to sort it out.

I can't in honesty sell and there are no tradeins available so my only option seems to be to replace the engine. Found an engine for about 500 quid, but not sure whether it's a job that the local trusty mechanic can handle or if I need to take it to the main dealer. Anyone have experience in replacing engines on primeras and know what's involved? Any nissan experts out there?

Do they need to be brought back to the dealer to be started (reprogrammed..?) or can you just swap them. My mechanic hasn't done a replacement in that model of primera before.

any help woiuld be well appreciated.

Advertisement