Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leeson Street

Options
  • 28-01-2009 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Rite i'm in my first year of Leaving Cert and I have taken up Agricultural Science on my own. I am intending to go Leeson St. for a revision course. I am wondering would it make any difference if I went this Easter ~ This way I would have the course completely covered and will not have to waste valuable time next year. Does anyone think I shouldn't do it and will the notes be based on this years LC(Ag-science is very broad nd I can't imagine it would make a difference ) ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 koolciaran

anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

koolciaran wrote: »
    Rite i'm in my first year of Leaving Cert and I have taken up Agricultural Science on my own. I am intending to go Leeson St. for a revision course. I am wondering would it make any difference if I went this Easter ~ This way I would have the course completely covered and will not have to waste valuable time next year. Does anyone think I shouldn't do it and will the notes be based on this years LC(Ag-science is very broad nd I can't imagine it would make a difference ) ??

Threads about the Institute normally make for huge messes of threads with everybody complaining about grind schools and snobbery, and so are usually somewhat avoided.

However, I wouldn't go to the revision course this year, as that's what it is, a revision course. Unless you plan on finishing the course before Easter this year, I imagine you will be somewhat lost during some of the talk things, and also you will neglect it next year (the subject, not the revision course).

I don't do Ag Science though, and have no idea what it's like, or how hard it is though so I could be completely wrong, but from a general point of view, that's the way I would see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 koolciaran

well the topics that will be revised for this course i have done so there is no problem with course content??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 madnesspersues

you should definetly go! I've been there the last two years and Ag Science is really good. Donal will give you the notes with all the information you need and you might not like him but I think he's actually a good teacher despite what some people might say. Just make sure you actually read the notes when you go home and study them because in the crash courses they dont have time to read everything in the notes!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

koolciaran wrote: »

I think you'll benefit from it and the notes will help but just remember it is a crash course and it ll be hetic from start to finish so make sure you don't decide to day dream! You ll get back from it what you put in IE: Being attentive and taking down notes from the teacher onto the notes they give you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Threads about the Institute normally make for huge messes of threads with everybody complaining about grind schools and snobbery, and so are usually somewhat avoided.

However, I wouldn't go to the revision course this year, as that's what it is, a revision course. Unless you plan on finishing the course before Easter this year, I imagine you will be somewhat lost during some of the talk things, and also you will neglect it next year (the subject, not the revision course).

I don't do Ag Science though, and have no idea what it's like, or how hard it is though so I could be completely wrong, but from a general point of view, that's the way I would see it!

Ah theres no snobs there, theres plenty of losers and dorks there! :pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement