Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teams You Hate Apart From Your Derby Rivals.....

• 28-01-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭

I saw a thread on here about everyone's second favourite team and was wondering about this, including your reasons and not just " because they're scum " or the likes.

As a Villa fan, I obviously cannot stand Birmingham, especially since the Enclkeman celebrations but luckily we don't have to worry about them anymore :D

For me, it's Liverpool for the following reasons -

1. Couldn't get a result against them for ages, especially when it really mattered in mid - late 90s
    2. Fans are very sore losers in my experience ( judging by my mates )
    3. I don't like their style of football anymore ( used to big time )
    4. They sold us Collymore, enough said.
    5. I had 200 euro on AC Milan to win european cup in 2005.
    5. Rafa is so annoying, in my view lucky to be still there.

P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I saw a thread on here about everyone's second favourite team and was wondering about this, including your reasons and not just " because they're scum " or the likes.

As a Villa fan, I obviously cannot stand Birmingham, especially since the Enclkeman celebrations but luckily we don't have to worry about them anymore :D

For me, it's Liverpool for the following reasons -

1. Couldn't get a result against them for ages, especially when it really mattered in mid - late 90s
    2. Fans are very sore losers in my experience ( judging by my mates )
    3. I don't like their style of football anymore ( used to big time )
    4. They sold us Collymore, enough said.
    5. I had 200 euro on AC Milan to win european cup in 2005.
    5. Rafa is so annoying, in my view lucky to be still there.

P

As a Liverpool fan, obviously Villa now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

another liverpool bashing thread

not a good day for pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Real Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Go Ahead Eagles,

cas there are some just a little touched imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I can sense another Liverpool bashing thread here.

Edit: someone got there before me.

Basically there are 2 teams - Man Utd and Liverpool - every team apart from them are fine with me

Actually must add Rangers to that list :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Well, apart from Utd and Everton. I'd say Chelsea. I've had a dislike for them from the mid 90's on. Any team that Steve McClaren manages.
    Like the poster before, Real Madrid. In La Liga terms, i'd be a Barca man myself.
    Hate Juventus as well for some reason!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Man Utd, Chelsea, Cardiff, Millwall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

dirty dirty dirty leeds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Liverpool fan I don't like United or Everton. But the one team I cannot stand is Arsenal god I hate them people always say "They always score beautiful goals" They score just as many long ball goals as anyone else. I hate Arsene Wenger, I hate Cesc Fabregas, I hate Almunia, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Cheese-string head, Rosicky, Denilson...... Well you get the idea. Even their older players I can't stand Henry, Ljungberg, Pires etc...
    The only player I could stand was Bergkamp who was just a legend.

Tottenham are up there as well, and Barcalona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Spurs. I have always irrationally despised them, now 'Arry gives me a reason.

Drogheda United. Feel for them in their present cause, but even when they were a yoyo side I never liked them. Then when they became the nouveau riche of the LOI, that was it.

MK Franchise. Reasons for that are obvious enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I hate em all. Every single last one. Pure hatred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

*militant LoI real fan response*

How can you hate a team from a foreign city, playing in a foreign league with foreign players supported by foreign fans playing a foreign game?

You're not Irish, you're not even a man.

*spits in your general direction*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

wigan, blackburn and boro

add nothing to the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Derry City
    Cork City
    Limerick (whatever they're called this year)

Further away; Chelsea, how could any Irish man not detest them? :confused:
    Oh, and Celtic!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Rangers- Needs no explanation! Number 1 by a mile. Horrible club/ horrible fans!

Man Utd- I have a lot of respect for them but their fans tend to be unbearable. Liverpool I actually like, but their fans are beginning to remind me of UTD one's.

AC Milan- Big Inter fan, ever since Bergkamp was with them. I know they're obviously derby rivals but cant stand that ****er Berla****head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Newcastle.

They're sh*t and yet still think they are a big club. They sack decent managers quicker than Paris Hilton brings out reality tv shows and they are NEVER EVER satisfied.

Come off your high horse, wake up to the fact you're rubbish, the climate sucks so no-one wants to move there. Your women are ugly and your fans are scum.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Derry City
    Cork City
    Real Madrid
    Juventus though Del Piero sometimes turns me..
    Dundalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Goes without saying for Bohs and Liverpool.

Cork City can be irritating the odd time, but it's probably just Cork that annoys me more than the team.

Newcastle for the sanctimonious sense of entitlement that surrounds the club. And the mawkish fans. Seeing fat Geordies crying in the crowd always cheers me up.

Sunderland for a while, but now I don't mind them as much because they are not flavour of the month any more.

Real Madrid.

Celtic for the more-than-a-club idiocy and the political hogwash that surrounds them. I'd go as far as to say I prefer Rangers to win the Glasgow derby. Obviously, the annoyance is more to do with some of the fans, rather than the club. Also just can't like clubs like FC St Pauli for the same reason.

Chelsea. Never had historical dislike for them, but as a man in his 30's, it's laughable to suddenly see grown men in my local with Chelsea shirts when you never saw them in the past, not even in the Vialli period.

I don't really dislike Manchester City and actually like them to do OK because most of my extended family in Manchester are fans, but the we're-real-mancs thing is very annoying. There is also a type of City fan that gets on my wick: student types that like City as an antidote to corporate United, and who go on about home counties fans.

I dislike Germany and Italy at the international level and like seeing them lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

blunts
    manchester city. mainly because of deluded fans
    sunderland. roy keane was manager... who cares?
    la galaxy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

stovelid wrote: »
    Celtic for the more-than-a-club idiocy and the political hogwash that surrounds them. I'd go as far as to say I prefer Rangers to win the Glasgow derby. Obviously, the annoyance is more to do with some of the fans, rather than the club. Also just can't like clubs like FC St Pauli for the same reason.

Maybe you should get yourself acquainted with the clubs history and why it was set up. To many in Glasgow, it was and still is more than just a club.

I suppose you are a Barcelona fan too since you despise Real Madrid. Oh the irony! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

liverpool fan so apart from the obvious rival i hate sunderland. no real reason for it because never really minded them before but the past few years i hate them more and more.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Stoke City
    Middlesborough
    Portsmouth

Hateful fans and in some cases players and managers. Really small time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Dempsey wrote: »
    Maybe you should get yourself acquainted with the clubs history and why it was set up. To many in Glasgow, it was and still is more than just a club.

Dempsey wrote: »
    I suppose you are a Barcelona fan too since you despise Real Madrid. Oh the irony! :pac:

At various stages, I've been quite fond of Barcelona because of the way they play football and because loads of my favourite players have played there throughout the years. If your point is that I care about the Catalan more-than-a-club stuff, you're wrong because I couldn't care less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Limerick, because they celebrated like they had won the poxy Champions League when the equalized against us last day of last season, minnowism at it's worst.

Torpedo Franchise, because of what they are.

Derry City for the stupid jester hats. Make a fúck load of noise on aways though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

don't hate any team, will watch any team as long as there's good football being played.
    don't like negative teams, look at hull,they're freefalling but at least they entertain.
    chelsea on the other hand rarely entertain,yet sit pretty, so different agendas at both clubs.
    hate is too strong a word imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I hate everyone who isnt Rovers or Finn Harps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

In the PL its West Ham fans because they are all wannabe geezers.

In Ireland its probably Shamrock Rovers and their fans - scumbag central.

All ime of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Pretty much everyone hates Rovers. Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

As a Pool supporter it should be Utd for sure...but if i had a choice between Utd and Celtic i'd have to say Celtic. Think it's something to do with the amount of muppets they seem to attract. Always hope Rangers do well againest them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Newcastle.

They're sh*t and yet still think they are a big club. They sack decent managers quicker than Paris Hilton brings out reality tv shows and they are NEVER EVER satisfied.

Come off your high horse, wake up to the fact you're rubbish, the climate sucks so no-one wants to move there. Your women are ugly and your fans are scum.

What he said except replace Newcastle with Spurs....or just and "and Spurs"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

chelski and real madrid.

and watever team ohnoyoudidnt supports :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Shelbourne. How could i not hate them?

Any team from Dublin really though. For the same reason given above.

Also Reading. They never pass up on an oppurtunity to take advantage of City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Cork, Limerick, Fingal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

my pet hate at the moment are stoke. horrible fans, horrible team, horrible city, horrible club.

obvious hatred for the scousers and of course city and leeds. chelsea have more ***** than any other team at the minute so they cannot be discounted.

if i had to chose one - liverpool fc by a country mile.

from a shels point of view, its limerick. some of the shi*e they spouted at tolka last year really annoyed me and their ground is a s*ithole. apart from that, Bohs and Rovers, more so their fans but im not that bothered really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Liverpool, Chelsea, Real Madrid, most of all, Fingal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Derry City. Can't stand them because of their strangely holier-than-thou airs and those bloody drums.

On the mainland: any British clubs that pretends it's Irish in the hunt for Paddy Premiership... Sunderland, Celtic, ManU and Liverpool.

But above all, ManU. Just appalling. No. Sorry. Chelsea. Truly vile. Yes,that's it. Chelsea.

Edit: I forgot Fingal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

Utd
    Chelsea
    Celtic
    Rovers
    St Pats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Newcastle.

stovelid wrote: »
    Newcastle for the sanctimonious sense of entitlement that surrounds the club. And the mawkish fans. Seeing fat Geordies crying in the crowd always cheers me up.

Just to clear up a common misconception, the vast majority of Newcastle fans don't expect us to be challenging for the league, to be challenging for europe etc.

If you take a look at any Newcastle forum, you'll we see that we all know we are a very average team, bordering on sh/tness.

We don't think we are a 'big club' either. However, we have a 'big stadium' and a massive fanbase, which both bring in vast amounts of revenue. Because of this, we expect that we should have a squad which somewhat reflects the vast amount of money that is pumped into the club.

Finally, regarding the sackings, the only two sackings that (imo) we're wrong over the last 10 years we're Robson and Keegan. Roeder was way out of his depth, Souness is Souness, and Allardyce just wasn't the man to take us forward.

Seriously, the vast majority of us crave nothimg more than stability, and a reasonable investment from the Board. Top half finishes would appease us greatly. Anything after that would be a bonus. However, don't take my word for it, believe th myths that the tabloid press love to perpetuate about our club.

Also, whoever said Geordie girls are ugly, take that barstoolers talk elsewhere. Having visited the City a fair few times, I can safely say that their is many a canny lass in the Toon. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Liverpool, Millwall, any turkish sides, Lazio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

i thought you were going to give em hell charlie with all the newcastle bashing.
    apart from united im not fond of liverpool, too many fans including mates who still think theyre the greatest club in the world, theyre not. one mate of mine thought when mourihno and benitez took over that chelsea would be crap and liverpool would win the league, delusional. thinks the the same thing every year, doubly delusional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

bigstar wrote: »
    i thought you were going to give em hell charlie with all the newcastle bashing.

Ah no, I am well aware of the image the media has painted of us, so I can understand people believing we are all mongs who feel we have a right to be in the top 4. But it is simply not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

Derry City
    Cork City
    Limerick (whatever they're called this year)

Further away; Chelsea, how could any Irish man not detest them? :confused:
    Oh, and Celtic!

Please do explain? even more:confused:

mobby wrote: »

history.

learn it.

Rangers
    Lingfield
    Chelsea

Nuff said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Traditionaly Man Utd, because of their annoying fans, and because I felt they robbed a few teams including my own on the way to glory.

Then Chelsea because of Mourinho and their overspending.

Probably Man City now...

I don't like Spurs either because the one decent season they had in my living memory, when they almost finished 4th, they're all of a sudden the team everyone talks about, as well as the fact that they're always the media darlings, no matter how rubbish they do or how many managers they go through or how much money they spend, while Newcastle not being in London are somehow the complete opposite, joke club.

mobby wrote: »

Was at the bridge before with Celtic fans and got serious anti-irish abuse.

They have always leaned in that direction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

well as a villa fan it would have to be the birmingham well enough said
    pool for the jammy goals they get and trying to get barry
    man u well fed up drawing them in cups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You know its funny, we have so many hot local rivals being in Lancashire, Bolton, United, City, Wigan and beyond the PL our most hatest rivals Burnley.

But you hear a lot of fans complaining about West Ham, true we have not got a result against them very often over the last couple of years, but jaysus I like them, they were involved on the final day of the season in '95 holding United to a draw.

For me its go to be Arsenal, we have had some pretty bad results against them, and unfair ones as well, like the 6-2 result(not hammering imo) two years ago. I mean we were right in the game and unlucky to be down 3-2 and the last eight minutes they just go mental. We've had a few results like that against them where the scoreline did not even remotely reflect the standard of football we played.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Was at the bridge before with Celtic fans and got serious anti-irish abuse.

They have always leaned in that direction

Never had any problems with the fans I have met, wouldn't have any problems with any Irish person supporting Chelsea.

villains77 wrote: »
    well as a villa fan it would have to be...shamrock rovers

:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement