Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teams You Hate Apart From Your Derby Rivals.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Don't reall hate any team but one team that bugs me would be Liverpool (sorry), we really got no decisions against them last season :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Don't think I even hate our derby rivals if I'm honest...:eek:

Never like visiting Chelsea or West Ham cos we always get a hostile reception off the field. At certain times the behaviour of certain teams fans make me enjoy seeing them lose, used to be ManYoo but then they became like a necessary evil needed to keep Chelsea in their place...:D

Most likely to want Liverpool to lose because I have to work with a few extremely obnoxious Pool fans, and would be murder to listen to them if the Pool won the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Never had any problems with the fans I have met, wouldn't have any problems with any Irish person supporting Chelsea.

Had an extremely unpleasant encounter with a number of Chelsea fans en-route to Wembley last year, about the only thing they didn't make an issue of was my nationality cos one of their own was nearby and happened to be a Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

iam a bohs fan so have to hate the rovers dont i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Newcastle United.

The epitomy of a comedy club, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see them plumet down the divisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Shamrock Rovers
    Sporting Feck All
    Celtic
    Liverpool
    Any team managed by 'Arry so Spurs at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Man United - Supporters

Any team Neil Warnock manages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I
    As a Villa fan, I obviously cannot stand Birmingham

why?

im a life long villa fan, but i dont really hate birmingham

i appreciate that brummie villa fans would coz they have to listen to them, live with them, and work with them, but if youre a paddy villa fan why would you possibly hate birmingham city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

In no particular order:

Rangers
    Celtic (Both as bad as each other and I just can't stand bringing religion into football)
    Portsmouth
    Middlesbrough (stadium half-full every single week)
    Shamrock Rovers (Thomas Davis member ;))
    Barcelona
    Real Madrid
    Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Liverpool - Thier fans still live in the 80's

Bolton - I don't know what game their playing but it certainly isn't football

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Celtic, Rangers, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Shelbourne, Neil Warnock, Millwall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Heart of Midlothian

I went to uni in Edinburgh and i hate this team and everything it repressnts and every one of its fans:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Inter for just being Inter

Celtic because of the fanboys here attached to them

Liverpool, much like the celtic fans i have only met one or two rational liverpool supporters, dont know why there isnt more tbh

Lyon for the way their president goes on

im sure there are more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Trippie wrote: »
    Celtic because of the fanboys here attached to them

you are being extremely harsh on the Celtic posters on this mb tbh, the majority of them are what I would call "proper" Celtic fans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Im sorry but not all, just because there are a few supportes ruining the image of others doesnt mean i can't dislike them much like the millwall die hard fans.

[edit]Sorry when i said here I meant in Ireland not on boards, i see where you're coming from now if you thought i emant that

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    you are being extremely harsh on the Celtic posters on this mb tbh, the majority of them are what I would call "proper" Celtic fans

the Rangers fans are very decent too

i also think Trippie means the Celtic jersey wearing muppets ie Up the RA and al that ****e

Killme00 wrote: »
    the Rangers fans are very decent too

i also think Trippie means the Celtic jersey wearing muppets ie Up the RA and al that ****e

yeah, just noticed his edit.

Apologies Trippie :)

yeah, just noticed his edit.

Apologies Trippie :)

this is starting to turn into too much of a love in

More irrational hatred please :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

One or two come to mind.

Arsenal
    Aston Villa
    Blackburn Rovers
    Bolton Wanderers
    Chelsea
    Everton
    Fulham
    Hull City
    Liverpool
    Manchester City
    Middlesbrough
    Newcastle United
    Portsmouth
    Stoke City
    Sunderland
    Tottenham Hotspur
    West Bromwich Albion
    West Ham United
    Wigan Athletic

Barnsley
    Birmingham City
    Blackpool
    Bristol City
    Burnley
    Cardiff City
    Charlton Athletic
    Coventry City
    Crystal Palace
    Derby County
    Doncaster Rovers
    Ipswich Town
    Norwich City
    Nottingham Forest
    Plymouth Argyle
    Preston North End
    Queens Park Rangers
    Reading
    Sheffield United
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Southampton
    Swansea City
    Watford
    Wolverhampton Wanderers

Brighton & Hove Albion
    Bristol Rovers
    Carlisle United
    Cheltenham Town
    Colchester United
    Crewe Alexandra
    Hartlepool United
    Hereford United
    Huddersfield Town
    Leeds United
    Leicester City
    Leyton Orient
    Millwall
    MK Dons
    Northampton Town
    Oldham Athletic
    Peterborough United
    Scunthorpe United
    Southend United
    Stockport County
    Swindon Town
    Tranmere Rovers
    Walsall
    Yeovil Town

Accrington Stanley
    Aldershot Town
    Barnet
    Bournemouth
    Bradford City
    Brentford
    Bury
    Chester City
    Chesterfield 8th
    Dagenham & Redbridge
    Darlington
    Exeter City
    Gillingham
    Grimsby Town
    Lincoln City
    Luton Town
    Macclesfield Town
    Morecambe
    Notts County
    Port Vale
    Rochdale
    Rotherham United
    Shrewsbury Town
    Wycombe Wanderers

Altrincham
    Barrow
    Burton Albion
    Cambridge United
    Crawley Town
    Eastbourne Borough
    Ebbsfleet United
    Forest Green Rovers
    Grays Athletic
    Histon
    Kettering Town
    Kidderminster Harriers
    Lewes
    Mansfield Town
    Northwich Victoria
    Oxford United
    Rushden & Diamonds
    Salisbury City
    Stevenage Borough
    Torquay United
    Weymouth
    Woking
    Wrexham
    York City

:D:D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Liverpool fan.

United top the list easily. Mainly for their fans and Fergie(respect what he has achieved though) oh and Gary Neville :pac:

Everton in general.

Aresnal. Having been to the Emirates twice last year(CL and league) their young fans(kids right up to early 20s) are the biggest so and so's.
    The older generation are great craic.

Chelsea. Liked them pre-Roman eventhough they had a very good record vs us in the 90s and early 00's.

Rangers and Celtic. Lazio. Real. Feyenoord. Inter(how it's runned/fans are suberb)

The above 5 clubs deserve dishonourable mentions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

(Thomas Davis member ;))
    You must be proud of yourself.

I'd like to add Thomas Davis to my list.

Thanks SectionF, I'd missed this.
    :mad:

You think it's fúcking hilarious that your small minded club tried to kill off another club.

I don't know what kind of response you expected in here with a comment like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

drogheda0srfc1georgekelrr4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Helix wrote: »
    why?

im a life long villa fan, but i dont really hate birmingham

i appreciate that brummie villa fans would coz they have to listen to them, live with them, and work with them, but if youre a paddy villa fan why would you possibly hate birmingham city?

Because in the derby game in September 2002 when Enckleman let THAT goal in, remember the fans running onto the pitch and surrounding him doing the wanker sign - out of order.

or

Savage getting Dion sent off, going down like he'd been shot when he started it all

or

the 2 - 2 game at Villa Park when we played them off the park and they equalised in the 94th minute

or

David Gold being an absolute ego fuelled maniac who thinks he is chairman of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Because in the derby game in September 2002 when Enckleman let THAT goal in, remember the fans running onto the pitch and surrounding him doing the wanker sign - out of order.

or

Savage getting Dion sent off, going down like he'd been shot when he started it all

or

the 2 - 2 game at Villa Park when we played them off the park and they equalised in the 94th minute

or

David Gold being an absolute ego fuelled maniac who thinks he is chairman of the year

in fairness, thats probably less than any club has done in the last decade against us lol

theres no reason to hate brum because theyre rubbish, and we're lightyears ahead of them. theyre irrelevant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm sure you realise that TD had no actual problem with Rovers per se, only with dirty foreign sacair in the area. And that you're posting this on a soccer forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,129 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I hate:

Man Utd
    Rangers
    Chelsea
    Real Madrid
    PSV Eindhoven
    Sheffield Utd
    Spurs

I am an Arsenal fan

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

I have to say I'm surprised to see Celtic getting a hammering on here! You'd have thought this was a Rangers forum!!

without doubt Chelsea have a small minority of right wing anti-irish supporters, combat-18 etc. Hunt received disgraceful abuse- I don't like them because they have this ****ed up cult mentality going on with Terry, Fat Lamps at the helm, the whole us against the world mentality with Jose really pissed me off

• Advertisement

spiderdan wrote: »
    I have to say I'm surprised to see Celtic getting a hammering on here! You'd have thought this was a Rangers forum!!

I don't get what kind of point your trying to make here.

If you don't like Celtic it's a pre-requisite that you must like Rangers?

Never knew that... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

without doubt Chelsea have a small minority of right wing anti-irish supporters, combat-18 etc. Hunt received disgraceful abuse- I don't like them because they have this ****ed up cult mentality going on with Terry, Fat Lamps at the helm, the whole us against the world mentality with Jose really pissed me off

Rubbish, If thats the case what about the Irish Supporters abusing an ex Rangers player in a International match at Landsdown road a few years ago. Does that make all Irish supporters anti-english, been to many Chelsea matches over the years and never heard any Anti-Irish chants. This is the sort of crap you hear from certain Celtic/Rangers supporters.
    I just love football and don't hate any teams.

mobby wrote: »
    Rubbish, If thats the case what about the Irish Supporters abusing an ex Rangers player in a International match at Landsdown road a few years ago. Does that make all Irish supporters anti-english, been to many Chelsea matches over the years and never heard any Anti-Irish chants. This is the sort of crap you here from certain Celtic/Rangers supporters.
    I just love football and don't hate any teams.

I never said I supported booing ex Rangers players in Ireland- all I said as a team steeped and rooted in Irish history I'm surprised that on a Irish football forum a large amount of people say they "Hate Them" as a club. That's all!! The Chelsea point was backing up a previous post, anyone who isn't aware of the Chelsea minority that are anti- Irish don't have a clue!! As far as chanting, I'll go back to the Hunt affair- but as stated my problem with them is their cult mentality under Jose, which still remains somewhat- Drogba- being a good example

I never said I supported booing ex Rangers players in Ireland- all I said as a team steeped and rooted in Irish history I'm surprised that on a Irish football forum a large amount of people say they "Hate Them" as a club. That's all!!

You don't need to go al the way over to Glasgow to find teams steeped in Irish history. Last time I checked, there are a few here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I'm curious as to how any team can be steeped in Irish history? Dev line out for Rovers did he?

Surely SpiderDan you mean teams that have had a strong support from immigrant Irish, if thats the case just about any team in the UK in the Northwest, Brum or London as well as Glasgow qualifies for your support?

I'm curious as to how any team can be steeped in Irish history? Dev line out for Rovers did he?

Surely SpiderDan you mean teams that have had a strong support from immigrant Irish, if thats the case just about any team in the UK in the Northwest, Brum or London as well as Glasgow qualifies for your support?

I see your point- let me explain myself a little better,

As my other post- you know what I mean!! of course Celtic FC and Ireland have obvious connections, I probably should have commented on the immigrants etc. Sure there are other clubs with a strong Irish immigrant fan base but nothing compared to Celtic, doesn't even come close. Why do plenty of Scottish Celtic fans support Ireland ahead of their own national team- Aidean McGeedy affair etc etc, plenty of other examples of the Irishness of Celtic FC. Im not going to go on defending Celtic FC because I'm not much of a fan, don't know too much about their history etc, I'm more of an interested bystander who keeps tabs on them due to my patriotic ways.

I'm more interested in why Irish people are so resentful of Celtic and "Hate Them" as a club considering the Irish connections. I am patriotic, does that make me an IRA supporter? I always look out for other teams with Irish links, Boston Celtics etc. I just think so many Irish people are so narrow minded and are quick to call the "RA" card when it comes to Celtic fans in Ireland- particularly on holidays u hear comments like "look at those Celtic knackers over there" "scumbags". Is it a crime to be patriotic?? Why such disdain for the club on this forum? Anyway its probably taking the thread off topic- that's my lot on this.

I always look out for other teams with Irish links

How are Panathinaikos doing these days then?
    Is it a crime to be patriotic??
    Nope, but Celtic are a Scottish club, so being Patriotic as an irish man, but supporting a Scottish club, is actually, ridiculous.
    I always look out for other teams with Irish links

Do you support an ACTUAL, Irish team?

No, well then, your post is a load of old bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I love my politics and i love my football but mixing the two always tends to produce odious results. concepts like patriotism/nationalism and all that are all well and good but putting them together tends to produce the type of illiterate 'up the RA' types that Celtic FC tends to attract ime.

Met some sound Rangers & Celtic fans in my time, but as always theres that vocal minority using and abusing 19th Century history to get a rise out of each other, its what football fans do but some of it is distasteful.

I'm more of an interested bystander who keeps tabs on them due to my patriotic ways.

People may as well keep tabs on the likes of Hibs, Cliftonville and Derry for the same reasons.

Except they don't play in the Champions League or in 60,000 seater stadia, so that's that, I guess.

I also don't have anything against Celtic or the real fans (some of whom post in this forum) just the Irish line that's always trotted out, and the assumption that people living in Ireland are supposed to take sides in sectarian rivalry between two Scottish clubs.
    I'm curious as to how any team can be steeped in Irish history?

Being from Ireland usually helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Limerick - for the same reason as every other Shels fan
    Sporting Fingal - Apart from the whole franchise thing, their fans (all 3 of them) irritate me.
    Hearts - Horrible, horrible fans
    Hamburg - As above. Also seem to think they're above everyone else.
    Also I honestly don't know why but I have an extreme dislike for Galatasaray and Inter Milan.

How are Panathinaikos doing these days then?

Nope, but Celtic are a Scottish club, so being Patriotic as an irish man, but supporting a Scottish club, is actually, ridiculous.

Do you support an ACTUAL, Irish team?

No, well then, your post is a load of old bollox.

Thanks for the geographical lesson- but I know where Glasgow is.

Couldn't give a ****e about Panathinaikos! Nothing to do with Ireland, never was, never will be!!!! I think its a mater of opinion if its a form of patriotism or not, you could easily say its patriotic gesture. who fooking cares!! Jasus

How the fuuck do you know if I support an Irish football team?? talk about a load of bollox you're pretty good at writing it.

I just think its funny how some Irish football fans get soooo defensive if they're made out to be Celtic fans, implying they're "IRA supporting Celtic hooligans" its not an automatic assumption amongst people from Ireland/ Scotland/ England, only made by the small minority of people on both sides and by the looks some people posting on this site.

Couldn't give a ****e about Panathinaikos! Nothing to do with Ireland, never was, never will be!!!!

I thinked you missed Des' point there buddy...

And neither has/is/will be Celtic tbf

maybe I did? oh well

the fact that the club originated from Ireland kinda does! why do you care?

why do you care?

Why do you care?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I have an irrational hatred of Middlesboro and Fulham if anyone's interested...

• Advertisement

the fact that the club originated from Ireland

No, it didn't "originate from Ireland".

It was founded in Glasgow, and remains there, in Glasgow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Thanks for the geographical lesson- but I know where Glasgow is.

Couldn't give a ****e about Panathinaikos! Nothing to do with Ireland, never was, never will be!!!! I think its a mater of opinion if its a form of patriotism or not, you could easily say its patriotic gesture. who fooking cares!! Jasus

How the fuuck do you know if I support an Irish football team?? talk about a load of bollox you're pretty good at writing it.

I just think its funny how some Irish football fans get soooo defensive if they're made out to be Celtic fans, implying they're "IRA supporting Celtic hooligans" its not an automatic assumption amongst people from Ireland/ Scotland/ England, only made by the small minority of people on both sides and by the looks some people posting on this site.

Celtic are a British club! It's not patriotic to support them. If it's patriotism you want, go support a LOI team

Frisbee wrote: »
    Why do you care?

No No why do you care!! :p:p

I suppose I'm just interested/ slightly surprised at why so many posters on here dislike them so much, considering they're practically an Irish club abroad! that's all. Although I think the answer is fairly obvious.

considering they're practically an Irish club

Nope, they aren't.

Celtic are a Scottish club, playing in Scotland.

Stop pretending otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Nope, they aren't.

Celtic are a Scottish club, playing in Scotland.

Stop pretending otherwise.

Thats founded by an Irish Man to feed poor Irish immigrants and other marginalised ethnic minorities. The club has very strong Irish connections

• Advertisement
Advertisement