Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teams You Hate Apart From Your Derby Rivals.....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

I follow Shamrock Rovers.

I hate

Finn Harps - because of the Rangers connection
    Bohemians - obviously
    Rangers - anti Irish
    Linfield - as above
    Glentoran - ''
    Dundee - ''
    Portadown - ''
    Hearts - ''
    Chelsea - ''
    Burnley - '' and racist
    Bolton - " and racist
    Oldham - " and racist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I can't stand the way some LoI fans give Irish Celtic fans grief for not being more "patriotic" and supporting a LoI team.

....As they sit and eat their english cereals and drink thier starbucks coffee.

Hypocritical ? I reckon so
    All LOI fans eat flavans porridge and drink barrys tea.
    You think people hate Celtic because they cannot get their head around someone liking a team that play in a 'rubbish' league?
    Read the post and you'll understand it. I said fair enough if people are attracted to "great football" and the EPL. But if you want to support an Irish team and playing in a top quality league isn't important, you might as well support an Irish team.

I just added up the teams cos i'm bored, I'll put down the "Most Hated" league table in a few minutes. :pac:Yeah, needed something to do while watching Rambo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I can't stand the way some LoI fans give Irish Celtic fans grief for not being more "patriotic" and supporting a LoI team.

Im sure plenty of people, Loi fans or not will try to support the local economy where possible. Id buy Irish rather than buy the product with Irish logos all over it bar the "made in China" tag anyway.

So the most hated club in Ireland is.....Liverpool! On top of all their troubles! But here's the votes:

Liverpool 19 (set up by an orangeman)
    Chelsea 18 (No one likes rich kids)
    Man u 15 (I thought they would top this)
    Real Madrid 11 (most hated non english team)
    Celtic 11 (more hated than rangers!)
    Rangers 10 (more liked than Celtic!)
    Rovers 8 (Shamrock Rovers. There a team from Ireland)
    Spurs 6 ("but were a big club" - yeah, f*ck off)
    Fingal 6 (more votes than they have fans)
    Leeds 5 (still hated, must be by boards.ie older members:D)
    Arsenal 5 (Surprisingly low down)
    Limerick 5 (must be 5 shels fans online)
    Boro 4 (who? why?)
    Derry 4 (It's actually "Londonderry")
    Cork 4 (rovers are twice as hated as cork..thats bad!)
    Newcastle 4 (Why? I actually feel sorry for them)
    Bohs 4 (Would have been higher if Roddy was still there)
    Man City 4 (give it 3 years and they'll be up there)
    Sunderland 4 (Keane is gone. What's to hate?)
    Shels 4 (Even in Division 1! Rovers and Bohs are so bitter!)
    Hearts 4 (Good to see hatred spreads from Glasgow to Edinburgh)
    Everton 3 (I like Everton, the unsung heros of the premiership)
    Millwall 3 (Think it's more the fans than the team)
    Inter 3 (C*nts)
    Birmingham 2 (Who cares?)
    Juve 2 (Matchfixing anyone? Although everyone wants to lock a ref in a locker at some point, at least Moggi had the balls to do it!)
    Barcelona 2 (not everyone loves them!)
    Stoke 2 (they'll be gone soon enough)
    Portsmouth 2 (but 'arry is gone?)
    Lazio 2 (Are Roma/Lazio are the Celtic/Rangers or Italy?)
    Linfield 2 (drogs fans won't agree)

The rest have one vote:
    Aston Villa
    Go Ahead Eagles
    Cardiff
    Drogheda
    MK Dons (should be up higher)
    Wigan
    Blackburn
    AC Milan
    Dundalk
    LA Galaxy
    West Ham
    Reading
    pats
    Lyon
    Feyenoord
    PSV
    Sheffield Utd
    Hamburg
    Fulham
    Finn Harps
    Glentoran
    Portadown
    Dundee
    Burnley
    Bolton
    Oldham

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Real Madrid - Bullies
    Man U - As aove
    Leeds - I dont need a reason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

lol, top post Quint, fair play to you.

here ar emy favourite bits
    Quint wrote: »
    Rovers 8 (Shamrock Rovers. There a team from Ireland)
    :)
    Fingal 6 (more votes than they have fans)
    hehehehehe!!!
    Limerick 5 (must be 5 shels fans online)
    Cork 4 (rovers are twice as hated as cork..thats bad!)
    It is.
    Shels 4 (Even in Division 1! Rovers and Bohs are so bitter!)
    aye
    Inter 3 (C*nts)
    beautiful :D

Cheers. All ture! Fingal are gathering a hatred pretty quickly. More hated than every team in ireland after Rovers. More hated than Hearts and Linfield

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Celtic 11 (more hated than rangers!)
    Rangers 10 (more liked than Celtic!)

Can't be having that. I'm exercising my right to support my local team on this one, which would be Bohs (I think :o) - hence Rangers would not be my derby rivals, hence I can vote for them. :p

I vote Rangers, so that's 11 all. We are as bad as each other after all. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Can't be having that.

Then I vote Celtic. They're just a banner for bigots to rally under in Glasgow and a fashion accessory for simple-minded chav's in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You can add Rangers to my list as well.

And the FAI, oh wait their not a team.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Chelsea, pure and simple. List of players that could only be described as horrible cúnts.

Most hated list Joe "new zidane" cole, ashley cole, john fúckin terry, didier petulent drogba, le fúcking sulk.

only chelsea player i dont mind is lampard for some reason. Hate their flash in the pan fans, remember hearing some half wit i know talking about supporting chelsea all his life, no, you didnt.

I also hate that they got big phil scolari who i used to like, now i have to hate him because he's the chelsea manager.

Always liked the special one though!

also have a dislike for middlesbrough, if they disappeared off the face of the earth would anyone even notice?

also any particular reason why everyone hates inter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

weemcd wrote: »

I also hate that they got big phil scolari who i used to like, now i have to hate him because he's the chelsea manager.
    Who says you have to hate him because he manages Chelski? I don't hate him. I respect him

I didn't like Mourinho but I respected him, so I wouldn't say I hated him

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

weemcd wrote: »

Why? You obviously never seen his movies have you? He was awesome in Crimson Tide and Behind Enemy Lines :D

What's not to like...

Gene_Hackman.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

markesmith wrote: »
    2. Leeds, doesn't need explanation.

It does a bit, tbh. Never heard of a Spurs fan hating Leeds for any particular reason so I'm kinda curious.

Anyway, my own list:

Man U - it's obligatory if you're a Leeds fan. They are evil incarnate and no Leeds fan will be truly happy until they're playing in the Blue Square North or they go bankrupt. Or both.

Chelsea - also obligatory, although my hatred of them is more since Abramovich took over rather than anything historical.

Cardiff - Peter Ridsdale

Celtic - I actually feel sorry for the genuine Celtic fans who have been supporting them years, but muppets like the "No foreign games" guy at Croker a couple of years ago really don't do the club any favours. Plus Scottish football is sh1te, no matter how much Celtic fans try to convince me otherwise.

Sunderland - nothing to do with Roy Keane, although he just reinforced my hatred of them. It's all to do with the 1973 FA Cup final. Losing to them means that every January and May I inevitably get to witness the "magic of the cup" as Ian Porterfield puts the ball in the net for the umpteenth time and Bob Stokoe dances across the pitch in his bloody stupid looking hat.

Galatasaray - fans are a bunch of animals who murdered two Leeds fans in 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Irish people left these shores. They set up communities abroad so they could feel like it was a little bit of home. Celtic grew out of this. People back in ireland recognise this and support the club that came from irish people and get slated by so called LOI fans. LOI fans say how they are a british clubs and are not irish and how dare irish people support a Britsh club.

Well, If that is the sentiment then why do you guys support a British sport. Football/soccer. That is a british sport. Under your way of thinking we shouldnt even support soccer. Sure thats the Queens sport. We should all support GAA. Now i have nothing against GAA and nothing against Soccer. Everybody has the right to support who we want and if people are not supporting the LOI then its the LOI s Fault.

Zaph wrote: »
    It does a bit, tbh. Never heard of a Spurs fan hating Leeds for any particular reason so I'm kinda curious.

Anyway, my own list:

Man U - it's obligatory if you're a Leeds fan. They are evil incarnate and no Leeds fan will be truly happy until they're playing in the Blue Square North or they go bankrupt. Or both.

Chelsea - also obligatory, although my hatred of them is more since Abramovich took over rather than anything historical.

Cardiff - Peter Ridsdale

Celtic - I actually feel sorry for the genuine Celtic fans who have been supporting them years, but muppets like the "No foreign games" guy at Croker a couple of years ago really don't do the club any favours. Plus Scottish football is sh1te, no matter how much Celtic fans try to convince me otherwise.

Sunderland - nothing to do with Roy Keane, although he just reinforced my hatred of them. It's all to do with the 1973 FA Cup final. Losing to them means that every January and May I inevitably get to witness the "magic of the cup" as Ian Porterfield puts the ball in the net for the umpteenth time and Bob Stokoe dances across the pitch in his bloody stupid looking hat.

Galatasaray - fans are a bunch of animals who murdered two Leeds fans in 2000.

WELL SAID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Manchester United - Teams hated apart from local rivals:

Liverpool (bit obvious)
    Leeds (history and other things)
    Arsenal (98-06 rivalries, Vieira, Wenger, Tony Adams and Nigel Winterburn)
    Chelsea (arrogance, John Terry cockiness, Ashley Cole, Didier Drogba, the fact they thought they were "bestest teamz in the worldz evr11!" until recently)
    Rangers (loyalist etc)
    Boro (boring ****house team who raise their game against us every year before falling back into midtable obscurity)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Actually I forgot to say Luton Town for a reason similar to yours above.

David Pleat and that fucking beige suit :mad:

Glad to see them get deducted all those points this year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Hereford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Liverpool - Phil Thompson's nose

Blackburn, Leicster, Derby, Birmingham and any other team that gave Robbie Savage a contract.

Man Utd- because of their success

Bolton- They think football is about kicking players and not the ball

Spurs- total lack of class, think they can buy the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Here here! Feckin Spurs tryin to buy success. Who do they think they are?!

/shakes fist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Manchester United.....It's not the players that i'd hate it's their fans and their "we're the greatest and biggest club in the world"...rubbish. Not even the most successful club in England never mind Europe or the world. :pac: Oh and Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Highsider wrote: »
    Manchester United.....It's not the players that i'd hate it's their fans and their "we're the greatest and biggest club in the world"...rubbish. Not even the most successful club in England never mind Europe or the world. :pac: Oh and Celtic.

Liverpool - Phil Thompson's nose

Blackburn, Leicster, Derby, Birmingham and any other team that gave Robbie Savage a contract.

Man Utd- because of their success

Bolton- They think football is about kicking players and not the ball

God ,why I love the soccer forum ,where honestly and stubborness battle it out , in a never ending struggle to be seen as right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Irish people left these shores. They set up communities abroad so they could feel like it was a little bit of home. Celtic grew out of this. People back in ireland recognise this and support the club that came from irish people and get slated by so called LOI fans. LOI fans say how they are a british clubs and are not irish and how dare irish people support a Britsh club.

Well, If that is the sentiment then why do you guys support a British sport. Football/soccer. That is a british sport. Under your way of thinking we shouldnt even support soccer. Sure thats the Queens sport. We should all support GAA. Now i have nothing against GAA and nothing against Soccer. Everybody has the right to support who we want and if people are not supporting the LOI then its the LOI s Fault.

People who support teams in the Premier League are under no illusion that they are British Clubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

reading this thread reenforces my dislike for celtic. yes yes yes, they have some fantastic fans, yes yes yes, there probably a great club, BUT, theres so much tripe surrounding their status in IRISH sport that bugs me.

to hear comments like "oh your irish, you have to support celtic", err no i do.
    or " your irish, you have to hate rangers", err, i dont mind them actually, though they trashed the city where my dad was born last May so i really dont like them much at the moment.

celtic fans think they have a god given right to be immuned from normal football rules and they should be treated specially, ive been to games where celtic fans have made a right bol*lix of themselves, yet the Irish Media never batted an eyelid.

i have some friends who are genuine great celtic fans, but ive no time for the club because of the actions of many who really do not know a thing about the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

YDMHSSB wrote: »
    reading this thread reenforces my dislike for celtic. yes yes yes, they have some fantastic fans, yes yes yes, there probably a great club, BUT, theres so much tripe surrounding their status in IRISH sport that bugs me.

to hear comments like "oh your irish, you have to support celtic", err no i do.
    or " your irish, you have to hate rangers", err, i dont mind them actually, though they trashed the city where my dad was born last May so i really dont like them much at the moment.

celtic fans think they have a god given right to be immuned from normal football rules and they should be treated specially, ive been to games where celtic fans have made a right bol*lix of themselves, yet the Irish Media never batted an eyelid.

i have some friends who are genuine great celtic fans, but ive no time for the club because of the actions of many who really do not know a thing about the club.

Dont let the actions of a few hooligans attaching themselves to Rangers in Manchester colour your views. They were not Rangers supporters who follow their team all over Europe. I was in Manchester, I had won a ticket in the Uefa ballot, and wasnt sure whether to go or not when Rangers got to final. How wrong I was, what a fantastic bunch of the lads the Rangers fans were. Bought me beer all day, and was delighted I was over for the game. Not a hint of any anti-irishness. We had a good chat about Rangers, Celtic, Ireland etc.. The Rangers people hate the Plastic paddy brigrade that attaches itself to Celtic football club, they do not hate IRELAND or the Irish people. This is a very important point and I learned alot about Rangers fans that day, what fantastic backing they gave their team that night, the sacrifices people had made to get a ticket to the game was staggering. Before this experience I would have agreed with many posters on here that Rangers were anti Irish, not the case from the ordinary decent fans. I posted these views on the Celtic forum on boards around the time of game, and Ive since been accused of being a Rangers fan.... Very sad indeed....! Its this kinda high and mighty attitude that Celtic fans adopt in Ireland is what bugs me, how dare you critice Celtic or praise Rangers as an Irish person...

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

How? Bergkamp was a complete joke at inter

Maybe so but one of my first football memories is when he scored a sublime scissors kick goal for them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Brewster wrote: »
    ...and Ive since been accused of being a Rangers fan.... Very sad indeed....! Its this kinda high and mighty attitude that Celtic fans adopt in Ireland is what bugs me, how dare you critice Celtic or praise Rangers as an Irish person...

Brewster, seriously, adopt a sense of humour mate. You were not accused of being a Rangers fan. I was jokingly hinting you were a Rangers man because of your regular posts (in a Celtic thread) in which you generally defend Rangers and their fans, and the fact that you seem to pop up in said thread when Rangers win or Celtic lose.

Not that anyone on thread has any problem with that, but don't expect to get away without a bit of ribbing. ;) And ribbing is what it is, nothing else, and I suspect you know that. Given the tone of this thread of course, it suits you to bail in with the "I've been accused" line. Bit pathetic to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Is there a league sale on? :pac:

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    Bit pathetic to be honest.

Other people would say that one Celtic fan out of 60,000 booing the minute's silence for Omagh victims was a bit pathetic.

Aren't you guys supposed to be diehard republicans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Have to add a few to my list.

Middlesborough - The supreme example of Goon-ism

MK Dons - A soulless club, always strikes me as boring

Hoffenheim - Nouveau Riche upstarts, suddenly "fashionable" because they top the league. :mad:

Lazio, Espanyol, Real Madrid, Schalke and any other team with connections to fascism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭rovingrover

Shamrock Rovers coz they'd be jealous if we left them out.

Sporting Fingal AKA franchise FC.

Celtic - well just coz of the skangers tough on the real fans I know.

Charlton - no logical reason just do.

Bayern Munich

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Any team that Sam Allerdyce is in control of. Once he moves on so too does my hatered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Shamrock Rovers
    Sheffield United
    Wolves
    Palarse
    Liverpool
    Derby

Ipswich, Ipswich, Ipswich, Ipswich, Ipswich, Ipswich, Ipswich

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

:pac:
    "Dem Sasanach backstards, atin' there 'Rice Krispies' and their 'Star Bucks'. Sure wasn't it dem that gave us de famine!?"

That really is the weakest argument against LoI fans ever, theres plenty of better ones.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    People who support teams in the Premier League are under no illusion that they are British Clubs

:confused:

Thats not the argument at all. How can they support a team because they have Irish links while slating actual Irish clubs would be closer to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

bohsman wrote: »
    Thats not the argument at all. How can they support a team because they have Irish links while slating actual Irish clubs would be closer to it.

Who slated LOI clubs?

The majority of people who dont support the loi do. Ok, Ill swap "slating" with "ignoring". Either way, arguing that you support Celtic because they have Irish links is strange considering all the clubs with Irish links around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

bohsman wrote: »
    The majority of people who dont support the loi do. Ok, Ill swap "slating" with "ignoring". Either way, arguing that you support Celtic because they have Irish links is strange considering all the clubs with Irish links around here.

I argue that when EPL club supporters, with no possible connection to their club, slate Celtic supporters. :pac:

I dont slate the LOI, I like to see the league doing well, I do watch some matches on the TV, but I dont feel drawn to any club like I do with Celtic

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    I argue that when EPL club supporters, with no possible connection to their club, slate Celtic supporters. :pac:

Yea, Ive been noticing the same arguments I make against EPL supporting anti Loi posters coming from Celtic fans. Loads of myths about the arguments Loi fans make aswell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Shels - Cant stand them.

I did have a serious disliking for Man United, when in the 90's every man woman and dog seemed to be a fan of theirs. But in the last few seasons it has wained a bit. I wasnt that pushed tbh they won the CL last year.
    I think my dislike has moved more to Liverpool. It seams that if your a liverpool fan then you are a "real" fan and know more about football then anybody else. Alot of their fans have a complex where if you say anything negative about the club or rafa then you get usual response. Ive seen it here and elsewhere in real experiences. Seems to me they always have something to prove hence why they mouth off so much. Maybe im turning into a united fan!:D

Dont like bolton....at all and any team with Sam Alderdyce. Warnock the same. Newcastle but they are joke to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Shamrock Rovers - The arrogance that will only get worse and some of their "fans" are a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭YDMHSSB

interesting that people dont like big sam, can people tell me why? i think he is a very likeable character and surely you cant hate a club just because of their manager.

for instance, i have the utmost respect for wenger and mourinho even though they are rival managers. alot of united fans hate them but i would like either at united when SAF leaves.

its a shame that fergie does not get the same level of respect from most other fans though :(

If someone follows a LOI club in preference to Celtic, are they an orange b*stard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

as a Scotsman living in ireland, i still love Celtic and will til the day i die. on here i might be a skanger, scobie, RA head, and all the other terms people like to put on Celtic fans..... "no one likes us, we don't care" and tbh i coulsn't care less the opinions fans of other teams have of me or my team. my main hatred is the knuckle draggers at ipox, and after that lot are

manure
    chelski
    liverpool
    fulham
    newcastle
    shamrock rovers
    bohs
    linfield
    rapid vienna
    hamburg
    porto
    hertz(the mini huns without the bus fare)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Whatever club Harry Redknapp is at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

Hamburg
    1899 Hoffenheim
    Bray Wanderers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

Pigman II wrote: »
    They're just a banner for bigots to rally under in Glasgow and a fashion accessory for simple-minded chav's in this country.

in my opinion you are wildly misinformed. as a regular traveller over to games in glasgow i find there is minimum bigotry at Celtic Park. perhaps you see the many fools back here in ireland who claim to be Celtic fans by wearing the jersey. These are the people many of us real Celtic fans hate. There are in fact many real/non sectarian etc Celtic fans on this site, check out our thread if u may.
    I can completely see where you are coming from with your post, im not giving out to you just letting you know that those 'fans' you talk about are not Celtic fans, altough I do admit as with any club in the world there is a small minority of idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

thanks for the sympathy Zaph, i totally agree with your comment. Those muppets you refer to annoy me more than anyone else.
    and you're correct about the standard of scottish football, but we can only play in the league we're put in!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement