Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teams You Hate Apart From Your Derby Rivals.....

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

Irish people left these shores. They set up communities abroad so they could feel like it was a little bit of home. Celtic grew out of this. People back in ireland recognise this and support the club that came from irish people and get slated by so called LOI fans. LOI fans say how they are a british clubs and are not irish and how dare irish people support a Britsh club.

Well, If that is the sentiment then why do you guys support a British sport. Football/soccer. That is a british sport. Under your way of thinking we shouldnt even support soccer. Sure thats the Queens sport. We should all support GAA. Now i have nothing against GAA and nothing against Soccer. Everybody has the right to support who we want and if people are not supporting the LOI then its the LOI s Fault.

very good point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

YDMHSSB wrote: »
    ive no time for the club because of the actions of many who really do not know a thing about the club.

those many who 'really do not know a thing about the club' are not real fans and many people dislike the club because of these idiots. it would be doing us real Celtic fans a favour if u tell them to piss off. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Barça
    Liverpool
    Celtic
    Rangers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Chelsea, man united, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Arsenal, Everton, Wigan, West Ham, Fulham, Man C, Hull, Bolton, Spurs, pompey, Stoke, blackburn, Boro, west brom, and of course Sunderland

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Boro... any club 'arry the 'atchet is at... birmingham... fulham... west ham...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I don't see the point in threads like this but different strokes for different folks as they say.

Do remember that terms such as manure & huns aren't acceptable for a multi team based forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

United fan, so excluding the obvious, Celtic and Rangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

United fan, so excluding the obvious, Celtic and Rangers.
    Theres lots of clubs called "United" you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

CiaranC wrote: »
    Theres lots of clubs called "United" you know

Yes, yes there are.

And there are lots of clubs called Pool.

I'm fairly sure you could guess which United. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭faulk28

Spurs now Harry is there. Basically whoever he's in charge of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Why is it a given you hate your derby rivals? I mean the reason why Liverpool-Everton, Celtic-Rangers etc are so heated is because they are local derbies and they matter to the people of that area for bragging rights and such. Now seeing as half of you here aren't from the same locality as the team you support (let alone the same Country) what does it matter to you? It is, in essence just another game for you lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I used to think I was the only one who hated Liverpool...until I came on boards.
    Then I discovered there was loads of ppl with good taste like mine :D
    No matter what team you support it seems everyone hates them.
    The No1 reason? Their fans...what a shower of...oh god I have to stop before I get banned..from whinging about Man U supporters "know it all nothing blah blah" to whinging about Man City "have to put a cap on transfers" ignoring all the money Benitez spent.

Do I hate any other team...apart from Rangers that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Anto McC wrote: »
    Why is it a given you hate your derby rivals? I mean the reason why Liverpool-Everton, Celtic-Rangers etc are so heated is because they are local derbies and they matter to the people of that area for bragging rights and such. Now seeing as half of you here aren't from the same locality as the team you support (let alone the same Country) what does it matter to you? It is, in essence just another game for you lot.

Nearly 3 years old, but explains alot I think...

34026.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

I saw a thread on here about everyone's second favourite team and was wondering about this, including your reasons and not just " because they're scum " or the likes.

As a Villa fan, I obviously cannot stand Birmingham, especially since the Enclkeman celebrations but luckily we don't have to worry about them anymore :D

For me, it's Liverpool for the following reasons -

1. Couldn't get a result against them for ages, especially when it really mattered in mid - late 90s
    2. Fans are very sore losers in my experience ( judging by my mates )
    3. I don't like their style of football anymore ( used to big time )
    4. They sold us Collymore, enough said.
    5. I had 200 euro on AC Milan to win european cup in 2005.
    5. Rafa is so annoying, in my view lucky to be still there.

P

except for the 200 euro bet, thats every reason i hate livepool too (espically the sore losers part)

ok but im a man utd fan so i cant really chose liverpool, eh, for me its probably (and assuming ya can chose title rivals and not derby ones) it has to be chelsea, just dont like watching chelsea play, they annoy me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Everyone who has ever beaten us, every player who has ever scored vs us, every team we could possibly play.

just gonna go with everyone on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

brennaldo wrote: »
    ok but im a man utd fan so i cant really chose liverpool

Why not? They're not derby rivals... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

I don't like Liverpool. I don't like their 'patient, build up play' I just find it boring to watch. Even in their heyday of the 70's and 80's I hated their style of play but fair play to them they won all those League titles and European Cups in a very focused and professional way and I don't remember anyone begrudging them their success or claiming they were 'lucky'!.
    Their fans are terrible bad losers and are all convinced their squad contains THE best players on the planet. I believe apart from Gerrard & Torres they have very average players.
    When they lose a game its never because they had a bad day, it was down to the ref or some mad conspiracy theory. They go on & on about Ronaldo, Ballack, Deco et al diving & cheating when they have in my opinion the biggest diver I've ever seen in Steve 'Starfish' Gerrard who has won more dubious penalties than anyone I've ever seen.
    He gets away with it simply because he's the England Golden boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Whatever team Harry Redknapp is managing. So that's Spurs at the moment obv.

Advertisement