Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Domestic Waste on the N2

• 28-01-2009 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed the amount of rubbish on the N2 between the M50 and Ashbourne

I’ve noticed that on Sunday mornings, there seems to be a new pile of black bin liners piled up somewhere along it and I’m absolutely disgusted by it. But, if you think about it, it must be a really easy thing to do.

Head out in the early hours of Sunday morning
    Pull in when you can’t see the headlights of any car in either direction
    Dump the bags and be on your way

Is there anything at all that could be done. Nobody can expect the Gards to be on the road 24/7, and even if they were, the people that do this, would just drive on to somewhere else.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

its a problme thats going to get worse.Cork have a mini-dustcart that goes out to dumped refuse and they investigate it to try and find an id...

.i remember at my old house, if you walked out the rural road you would see a supermarket pbag of refuse every few yards in the ditch, Im guessing dumped each morning by some despicable person on their way to work....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They should really be sifting through this stuff for hints as to the identity of the owner and then prosecuting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

You could try ringing the Litter Warden at Meath County Council:

http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/Environment/Litter/
    Litter Complaints
    If you have a complaint about litter, please contact:

The Lo Call Litter Line - Telephone 1890 228 466 or The Environment Section, Meath County Council 046-9097205 or Email environment@meathcoco.ie

Alternatively you can complete and send in the form on the Environment Complaint Section.

Complaints are confidential.

Or Fingal County Council:
    REPORTING LITTER
    If you see somebody littering please ring us so we can take action. Our freefone number is 1800 20 10 93 and we can be contacted between 9.00am and 5.00pm Mon – Thurs and 9.00am – 4.30pm (Fri) or you can e-mail: envserv@fingalcoco.ie .

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Kingser

there is a clean up operation going on on the n2 every morning i see a white van and few fella's pickin up rubbish with black bags maybe its them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

About 2.5 years ago whilst sitting in my car by a local beach late at night with a lady friend i heard a car on the road passing by, or so i thought, however there were no lights visible so i dismissed it. Seconds later Whack! by the moonlight i made out a car slowly passing by and I thought it had tipped my car. I got out to inspect any damage where i found a black bin bag of rubbish which made me realise then the cheeky driver and accomplice of the ghost car turned his lights off slowed down and threw the bag at my car!

Life is stranger then fiction unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Kingser wrote: »
    there is a clean up operation going on on the n2 every morning i see a white van and few fella's pickin up rubbish with black bags maybe its them

I've seen those bags and the guys tidying up the landscaping alright Kingser, but I think the op is talking about the apparent rise of "fly-tipping" along the road. I saw a nice fresh pile of sh&*e this am including the classic mattress or some sort of linen!! I'm only on the road once or twice a week but it's noticeable alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Another source of roadside rubbish are these so-called charity clothes collectors who put leaflets through our door regulary. I suspect (judging by the clothes I see at the roadside) that they keep anything saleable for a car-boot sale and dump the rest on the verge. (I also hate these bogus charity collectors outside supermnarkets but thats another thread entirely)

Advertisement