Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best unknown irish comedians

Options
  • 28-01-2009 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

By this i mean ones who haven't been on rte. I can never remember their names but there's a few on scene who are decent enough. Gay, skinny guy, bit alan carr material wise but funny. Saw three before christmas in hapenny bridge, one scruffy bloke with joke about ghost kid on heelies,young lad from louth i think with good one liners and another young fella with beard from kildare on about religions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

You will get loads of them here:
    http://www.oireachtas.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/home.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭squidgey

First guy you mentioned sounds like Garóid Farrelly - he won Bulmers Competition 2008. Really nice great and a solid act.

Not sure of the other guys you're talking about.

Here's a couple of people to check out (in no particular order) - They might have material on youtube, but you can deffo find them on myspace.

John Lynn - Supported jason Byrnes run in Vicar Street this Xmas. Very distinct voice, you probably will recognise him from an ad.
    Gar Murran - Laughter Lounge regular, previous winner of Bulmers competition.
    Robbie Bonham - Regular on circuit in every club, supported PJ Gallagher in Vicar Street.
    James Marsh - Anything he touches turns to comedy gold. New on the scene in comparison to the others I listed but definetly making a name for himself fast.
    Fred Cooke - Musical comedian, who again is a regular in the Laughter Lounge.

Some of these guys may have done tv work - I know John did the Policeman's Ball last year, but it's probably fair to say they're not "household names" at the moment. Watch this space though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Fraid I have to disagree - I love fred cooke - I've seen him a good few times & semi friends with him. Him and Andrew make a good tag team for hosting their mish mash.

You can get a good range of comedians in The International or the Ha'Penny, also the Woolshed is good too.

Advertisement