Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quad bike in limerick

Options
  • 28-01-2009 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I bought my 11 year old son a quad bike for Xmas and I was wondering does anybody know of any tracks where we can bring it as I dont let him use it on roads(illegal) and we dont have a field:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ask a farmer.

Nobody bothered to build a track for quad bikes because the only people who buy them let their children on the roads with them anyway.

Out of curiousity why would you buy a child a quad bike?

Of course more importantly why would you buy anything illegal to use on the roads without a field in the first place?

I ask this because every Christmas I see families giving children electric scooters, mini motor biks and quad bikes and wonder why oh why.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

We have the use of a field on occasions but a track would be more fun for him.
    Out of curiousity why would you buy a child a quad bike?
    Reason being: He is a responsible lad and I am always with him and he always uses his safty gear.
    Maybe if there was a track there might not be all these youngfellas speeding up and down the roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

There used to be a Motorcross track out the Dublin Rd. It was on the right after Daly's Cross if you were heading for Dublin. There used to be meets there on a Saturday but it might be a good place to make some enquiries and there may be some other quad enthusiasts there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

mark1974 wrote: »
    Maybe if there was a track there might not be all these youngfellas speeding up and down the roads!

Too true. I used to live in carew park and every christmas children used to fly up and down the road on their stupid bikes on the footpaths because it was illegal on the roads.

I just have a hatred for all of them because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

Thanks Mac 3. I`ll give that place a shot

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Behind O2 in Castletroy is a good place. there is a huge field out the back there. I've noticed a few people going there with their dirt bikes and quades. Otherwise the soccer pitch in patrickswell is always invaded by quade bikers haha. impossible to try and catch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Berty wrote: »
    Ask a farmer.

No farmer will leave a child or anyone else for that matter into his or her fields on a quad bike. What would happen if the kid injured himself with the quad on the farmers land? His mother would sue the farmer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Farmers only ever think of money. never helping people... haha. only messin

Advertisement