Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Tournament!

• 28-01-2009 6:15pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Would anyone have interest in starting a fun league for SF2HD...the main focus would be on fun, remembering that we cannot parry in SF4 (!) and to use all the characters available.

So here is what I propose...we get 6-8 players (all skill levels welcome). Each match is 17 games long, each game is best two out of three rounds. You must use a different character for each game. 17 games and 17 characters

There will be alot of strategy regarding character selection...do you play your worst characters early to get them out of the way or do you get some serious scores on the board early using your best characters?

The winner will be the person with the overall best W/L record.

Even if you lose 17-0 against some of the players on here (there are some scarily good boardies), you get to practice characters you haven't played in ages, and you also get to learn tricks from the very best. It's like a free tutorial!

At the end of it, everyone should be a better player.

We can post the results and have a good chat about things...anyone up for it?

CONFIRMED PLAYERS
    Futureguy
    The Witch
    ntlbell
    sagat06
    Mika27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Count me in!!

Sagat08

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Some great games last night Sagat...you have a great handle on Akuma and your Blanka is bloody tricky to defend against!

Cheers man... I'm still a few hours of practice behind though - that Cammy is awful hard to beat!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I'd be on for this. I would regard myself as a Street Fighter amateur but as you say it would be cool for learning a thing or two.

Thats the spirit Mika, the best way to learn fast is go up against the best.

I sent a message to a player in the world top 10 and played him/her...got pounded 6-0 (although I did win a round)! Afterwards, I was practicing combos I had never thought about. Now they are an effective part of my game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Thats the spirit Mika, the best way to learn fast is go up against the best.

I sent a message to a player in the world top 10 and played him/her...got pounded 6-0 (although I did win a round)! Afterwards, I was practicing combos I had never thought about. Now they are an effective part of my game.

What was their Gamer Tag?

I havent a clue, its a good time ago...i'll see if I can find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Yup well up for this.

It always surprises me the lack of interest in SF II on boards in general

pretty disappointing:mad:

ntlbell wrote: »
    Yup well up for this.

It always surprises me the lack of interest in SF II on boards in general

pretty disappointing:mad:

In Ireland, it's pretty common that not many people are interesting in gaming, particularly the Fighting genre. Pisses me off actually.

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    In Ireland, it's pretty common that not many people are interesting in gaming, particularly the Fighting genre. Pisses me off actually.

Could not agree more, when I was a young un there were always crowds gathered around the SFII, Mortal Komat and Killer Instinct machines in the arcades.

I've forgotten more about beat em' ups than I have ever bothered learning about all these new fangled epic rpg's

I think we are a dying breed:(

• Advertisement

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Could not agree more, when I was a young un there were always crowds gathered around the SFII, Mortal Komat and Killer Instinct machines in the arcades.

I've forgotten more about beat em' ups than I have ever bothered learning about all these new fangled epic rpg's

I think we are a dying breed:(

You should get back in beat em' ups, there is loads of good ones around.

I don't get why people aren't interested in them, I mean, there is ALWAYS re-playability in FG's so you can always come back to play it and learn something new and have fun playing with other people.

It's the same as FPS but it seems more people like FPS's here in Ireland, oh and there is the online factor too so people play online and don't bother playing offline which is understandable but online is just never going to be as good as offline in FG's. It would be good to build a scene of some sort but... I have tried before but people don't seem interested. DaBounca organised the SCIV gatherings and there was a small turnout but then people lost interest and didn't come back so I don't know what's going on with the scene in Ireland. Maybe there is just never going to be one? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Davey909

Hi, I'm new here but wouldn't mind getting in on this. I'm a bit rubbish at SFII and seem to get slaughtered whenever I go online but I'll have a go for the craic if yous are looking for players.

Gamertag = Davey909

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'll play as cannon fooder.

Tag is Jimeatsmenu

CONFIRMED PLAYERS
    Futureguy
    The Witch
    ntlbell
    sagat06
    Mika27
    Jimeatsmenu