Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC: Down the last couple of days?

Options
  • 28-01-2009 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

Anyone else in the lucan area been having horribly long periods of disconnects with UPC the last 2-3 days? It went today at 1pm and only just came back 10 minutes ago. Yesterday it was gone from 2pm until 9pm, similar the day before that.

Anyone else been having trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I know your asking about Lucan, but it has been ok in Waterford, just to let you know it was not a nationwide issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

South Dublin has been having problems the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

In Maynooth and mine went down last night at around 11:30. Same thing happened a few weeks ago as well but I was told it wasn't a local problem, I had to wait for the problem to fix itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I know your asking about Lucan, but it has been ok in Waterford, just to let you know it was not a nationwide issue.

Some areas in Waterford are hit due to a third party fault. They're waiting on them to repair the cables and speeds are struggling.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

perfect on the north side of Waterford city also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

BB was down in citywest about 12.45am today until at least this morning.

TBH bill is a day or so overdue but TV works fine. I'll see when I go home.... hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭donal.hunt

I'm staying at a friend's house in Carpenterstown (D15) and her connection was down all week. UPC engineer is due to call out tomorrow to take a look (the upstream connection isn't syncing).

That's a 2-day turn-around for an engineer which is a turn up for the books. I'll update tomorrow if he actually shows. ;)

Note: This follows an outage last friday where all services were down for ~ 12-13 hours (~11.30pm to after 10am the following morning) in the same area. I never heard what the issue was but there were engineers in the area on friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

I'm in lucan and mines working. Not perfect, cause it never is, bandwidth is always up and down, but its working which is something.

When I got it in initally i had really bad problems. Was forever getting engineers out to look at it, eventually one of them changed the type of cable coming from the wall to the back of the modem and it seemed to fix the issue.

I don't envy you mate, they're the worst in the world to deal with when you have a problem.

Have you called them about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 KeyserSöze

donal.hunt wrote: »
    I'm staying at a friend's house in Carpenterstown (D15) and her connection was down all week. UPC engineer is due to call out tomorrow to take a look (the upstream connection isn't syncing).

That's a 2-day turn-around for an engineer which is a turn up for the books. I'll update tomorrow if he actually shows. ;)

Note: This follows an outage last friday where all services were down for ~ 12-13 hours (~11.30pm to after 10am the following morning) in the same area. I never heard what the issue was but there were engineers in the area on friday morning.

I live in Carpenterstown and my services have been fine - I have both Digital+ TV and Broadband... no problems with either signal. Now if only they could sort out the problems with my box/remote!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Stopped working for me in Maynooth on Thursday night (d/s light on modem is flashing, u/s light and tel 1 and 2 lights not on at all).

Called tech support and asked to do a reset etc. Nothing. Engineer to come tomorrow-second visit in less than 2 months of having UPC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 El-Diablo

It's been crap in north Dublin for a few months. Technician's been out to me 5 times, but it's still off far more than on. UPC seems unwilling and unable to fix the problem so it's a new provider for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lan Di

down in Galway i was having an awful connection but since yesterday I have been actually getting full speed for the first time since I signed up with UPC 6 months ago. I am on 20mb with 1.5mb and was only getting half that even less at peak times. Now I am getting the full connection even wireless also yesterday a chorus operater rang me saying the lines in my area had been upgraded so mabye thats why. Then of course he offered me the chorus phone service!

Advertisement