Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirrors Edge in 3rd Person

Options
  • 28-01-2009 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

PC Only, but looks pretty cool. Animations are a bit funky, but I'd say it would be interesting to play....

Change a config file on the windows version and you can try it for yourself.
    Backup files first, blah blah :)
    1. Find the file “Documents\EA Games\Mirror’s Edge\TdGame\Config”
    2. Open the ‘TDinput’ file that will be in their in notepad.
    3. Add the following code to the ‘bindings list’: Bindings=(Name=”F4¿,Command=”FreeFlightCamera”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False
    4. Go into the game, cycle through views by pressing F4 and enjoy.

Source: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Experience-Mirror-s-Edge-In-3rd-Person-14852.html

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cool, will give this a try later. Will be interesting to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I think the interesting "thing" about Mirrors Edge is that it is First Person....Would like a replay (video) function coded though - could be some impressive movies made (especially for when a spate of custom maps are released)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I think the interesting "thing" about Mirrors Edge is that it is First Person....Would like a replay (video) function coded though - could be some impressive movies made (especially for when a spate of custom maps are released)

exactly. the whole point of the game is to show you can make a first person game with realistic movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

pc gaming ftw :p

Of course it wouldnt be fun to play that way but its interesting to see. Her run looks a bit off, mainly so her hands would be in view in 1st person when running.
    Sabre0001 wrote: »
    .Would like a replay (video) function coded though - could be some impressive movies made

This is something I think about for almost every game I play.

Advertisement