Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Old' V's 'New' no holds barred debate/arguement thread

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Zascar wrote: »
    (EDIT: This post was in response to some bickering that i have now removed)

Lads:

As per the first post, this thread was set up to take all the old vs new idiocy away from the general forum - and it was for you to battle it out and generally be unmoderated.

Look guys, Me and Kev try to keep things as chilled as possible around here and not be mod-nazi's like in many of the other forums, but can we not all get along and stop acting like frickin children???

We all have music tastes we dislike but resorting to petty name calling is just pathetic. I'm just getting really bored of it now so take this as a warning.

I think the old vs new debate is very interesting if discussed properly - I do not want to close this thread - so can we please try to discuss this in a normal adult fashion?
    zas,not havng a pop at you but i read the intial post for this thread it was said that we could do what we want,slate each other and it would be unmoderated.i could have said my piece in the thread i linked but i decided to take it to this thread so as to obide by the rules.
    im not ging to push the issue but i cant see why my post was deleted.im sure you got an email from someone crying about it but i did play by the rules on this one.
    ill go as far as to say that until johnny ceases to continue posting about the same old tripe and learn to move on or confine his old school posts to oldschool threads youll probably see more of these posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

KevIRL wrote: »
    Righty

I'm gonna give this a try. In this thread ye can debate/argue/the merits of old skool dance music v's newer dance music. I (and a lot of other forum users) are sick and tired of this coming up in thread after thread after thread. So heres the craic

- This thread will be unmoderated by the mods, in fact I'm hardly gonna even look at it. Ye can abuse each other and each others tastes as much as ye like.

- If the old v new thing appears on any other threads I'll just move the threads here. The same goes for any other snidey remarks about genre's

- If this thread doesnt work out or whatever I can always close it.

Hopefully ye can all virtually punch the $hit out of each other in here and leave everyone else in peace
    this is the first post.just showing you what angle i was coming from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

locked till the morning lads. im too pissed to be bothered reading the crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hmmmm okay I'm gonna reopen the thread now.

Lads I would ask that you dont use this thread to simply attack other posters for posts made in different threads. It wasnt really the idea of the thread and if continued will result in this being permenantly closed.

Jonny - Please give it a rest on giving out about admission prices, from reviewing your posts you have been quite contradictory in these posts and if an act/DJ is one you like then the adm price doesnt appear to matter. You will often continually label other genre's as $hite or similar. This is causing a lot of annoyance.

Lads - less of the schoolground antics on this (and other) threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

After the lock this might seem a bit like kicking someone when they're down, but I've tried to keep this as impersonal as possible. jonny68 mate, no offence intended
    jonny68 wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing to do with birth rate and disposable income (there is a recession on i hardly think most have got lots of disposable income)

Well I've spent the last 3 years of my life studying the likes of that so I'd have to disagree with you (also, recession = People going to clubs/pubs/cinema more, esp. the older generation. This is a universal and widely acknowledged sociological tenant). Hell even the fact that you're going on about popping over to Leeds clubbing is enough to back this up.
    of course the old skool haters will jump on and say it's a crock of sh*t but there is a lot of truth in it whether or not you choose to believe it

You can't say make a point, and then when its refuted just say 'Ah well, you just hate old skool. Its true whatever you think'; this is pretty much your base argument in any similar thread of the last two years. I could go on about my huge passion for early detroit house, the birth of acid house in England, early acen and prodigy - or even the amount of time and money I've spent tracking down the original equipment used to create such music (Old Akai Samplers, Roland W-30, Roland Juno etc...) to try and replicate some of the best elements of it, but I've made the same point a number of times in a number of threads ad nauseum.
    Paul Taylor might not be everyones cup of tea but he has been around since the very beginning and contrary to what some might say he doesn't just play old skool he plays across the board

How does this add any credence to his self-promotional rant?
    it's not just people in their 30's with grown up kids who are going to these nites there ar epeople of all ages from 18 to 45

The same can be said about any night. Sebastien Leger, Deadmau5, Richie Hawtin, Nightmares on Wax etc. - nearly any electronic gig you'll find a range from 18 to 45. The point I was making is that it is heavily weighted towards people in their 30s and will consist of about 70-80% of this demographic.
    Up Yer Ronson for anyone who doesn't know is the UK's longest running House music nite as far as im aware.

Think Venus in Manchester holds that accolade, although a few other clubs are close enough; Up Yer Ronson certainly doesn't anyway.
    ...there is a severe lack of decent new music being made...that's not to say there isn't decent tunage being made,it's just in small proporations,and less uplifting piano House which is what many punters are crying out for

Jesus wept...

Advertisement