Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lower back operation

• 28-01-2009 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

has anybody had a operation on to remove part of a disc in there lower back, either l4/5 or l5/s1. i had mine done on the 8th of december and am finding the process of returning to normality very very slow?? i'm sill getting spasms in my lower back and i am still weak. has anybody else ever experienced this etc or could offer any advice??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

I had this done about 18 years ago, and am not typical as I got a very bad post op infection, but I do remember it taking a few years before I was as recovered as it was going to get. I am still not 100%.

The Sciatic nerve had been badly pinched for too long and was still giving me symptoms - This did improve but very slowly. The scar tissue from the infection is a factor here as it tends to not like cold weather.

Get a good physio. Do the exercises they suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

thanks baraboo, got a physio a few weeks ago and hopping off the exercises! it's a very slow process though!!

Advertisement