Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milky Goodness (C&C appreciated)

• 28-01-2009 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Tried some milk drops this time, got some interesteing results I think. Would love your C&C though.

6B5E346447B24A4AB1979606AD8B80D7.jpg

4EE5455A920F4631A32157959AE48B23.jpg
    10F35B15B4DD48BB83C9782BE21935D2.jpg
    C28696CC3E4F4D20A4F0F830AAE0B8DE.jpg

Thanks,

Mick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

The last one is very interesting, like tossing a pancake !
    All are very good, and colorfull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

technically great, maybe try the camera lower next time, so it's almost level with the surface?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭PonderStibbons

I love these - any chance you could share your set-up? I think it's nearly time for me to try this again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

I love these - any chance you could share your set-up? I think it's nearly time for me to try this again!

Here you go... if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Wauw, they are GREAT! I like them better then the previous set... And they look like miniature nuclear explosions or mushrooms, those first two ones :)
    Good work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭PonderStibbons

Absolute genius - looks like you used the aeroboard to both hold your dropper and act as a light tent! That's really clever, well done. I'm definitely going to give that a go. Can I ask what the liquid you're dropping the milk into is? It looks like coffee in the set up shot, but there are some very interesting colours in the photos themselves. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Very nice. Definitely sharper than the last set. The colours are great too. :) I agree with DotOrg on the camera angle though. A little lower would be nice.

Dave OS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Looks like a great setup! Mind if I ask, are you actually using the flash when taking the pictures or just the light from the lamp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Brilliant work again!

I'd really love to try this some time but I think I need to get a proper flash with a better than 1/200 sync (If that makes sense)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Brilliant !!!!

Gotta try this again soon.

Any way you could share the camera settings at which these were taken on??? (Shutter Speed, Apature . . . .)

Thanks mate

• Advertisement

By the way, are the colours photoshopped? Just noticed in the last one the splash in the air is milky white by the rest of the liquid is dark red?

Can I ask what the liquid you're dropping the milk into is? It looks like coffee in the set up shot, but there are some very interesting colours in the photos themselves. Thanks!
    Thanks, its actually just water with very dark red in it. I tilted the Flash upwards (towards the roof of the styofoam thingy) and I got these very deep tones.
    Gambler wrote: »
    Looks like a great setup! Mind if I ask, are you actually using the flash when taking the pictures or just the light from the lamp?
    Thanks gambler, definately using the Flash on these. Wouldn't work without it tbh, Not at 1/4000 anyway.
    Brilliant work again!

I'd really love to try this some time but I think I need to get a proper flash with a better than 1/200 sync (If that makes sense)
    I actually bought a flash (correction: Santa brought me a Flash) specifically for these shots because the 1/200 sync just wasn't good enough. I use a canon Speedlite 430EX II, they're quite cheap so I'd recommend one, you'll get hours of fun doing these type of shots.

mcgowaner wrote: »
    Brilliant !!!!

Gotta try this again soon.

Any way you could share the camera settings at which these were taken on??? (Shutter Speed, Apature . . . .)

Thanks mate

I think if you click onto the picture it brings you into Pix.ie where you can click on "More Properties" and it will give you all the EXIF data. But from what I can remember I think they are taken at 1/4000 F22.
    By the way, are the colours photoshopped? Just noticed in the last one the splash in the air is milky white by the rest of the liquid is dark red?
    Just cropped and cleaned up slightly (to get rid of unwanted drips) in Photoshop, the drop is milky white because it is milk straight from the carton. Its being dropped into very dark red water.

I actually bought a flash (correction: Santa brought me a Flash) specifically for these shots because the 1/200 sync just wasn't good enough. I use a canon Speedlite 430EX II, they're quite cheap so I'd recommend one, you'll get hours of fun doing these type of shots.

Yep, I'll definitely need to pick up a decent flash sometime soon, I'm not sure how well canon gear works on nikon bodies though! :p
    Just cropped and cleaned up slightly (to get rid of unwanted drips) in Photoshop, the drop is milky white because it is milk straight from the carton. Its being dropped into very dark red water.

Ah right cheers. Yes that make sense :o

Yep, I'll definitely need to pick up a decent flash sometime soon, I'm not sure how well canon gear works on nikon bodies though! :p
    :o

Advertisement