Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copper Faced Jacks

Options
  • 28-01-2009 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Is copperfaced jacks an accurate reflection of modern Irish culture?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Sure

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Never been there but I hear nothing but good things:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't know, never been. Have read (on here) that it's a pretty crap place?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

last time i was there i saw someone at least in their 40's hitting on a girl who was probably just passed the age of consent.

it's a ****ing dive of a place. it's awful, they allow the culchies to have drinks on the dance floor so when they finish they do the drop and kick glass routine, which means you end up standing on shards of glass, not something you'd want if you're a girl in strapped shoes.

and it's not even that cheap, where the feck are all the culchies getting the money from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

last time i was there i saw someone at least in their 40's hitting on a girl who was probably just passed the age of consent.

it's a ****ing dive of a place. it's awful, they allow the culchies to have drinks on the dance floor so when they finish they do the drop and kick glass routine, which means you end up standing on shards of glass, not something you'd want if you're a girl in strapped shoes.

and it's not even that cheap, where the feck are all the culchies getting the money from?

Farmers aren't as poor as you think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I've never looked into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Yes, its a school disco for 20 & 30 somethings.

You have to be able to score somewhere with ease.

;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Anyone else been to Hayes Hotel in thurles tipperary? Its identical to Coppers

I fear there are nightclubs like this across the country.

F*cking dumps the lot of them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

Feel free to send it back if you don't want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Its a breeding ground for culchies.

Garda mating with nurse = Gremlins the newer batch!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

This...

Was there about a year ago. The bar service is a joke. ****ing Auld ones plastered in make up and tan everywhere, and all the entrance fee brought was a measly stamp upon the hand:D
    Seriously though, the place could be a bit better if the bar staff actually performed their jobs to full capacity. Good service == teh win! in most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Meh, it's pretty messy alrite but sometimes a messy night is good for you.

The complete lack of posers and other assorted gob****es you get in various other nightclubs can only be a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Back in the '90s people seriously thought places like CFJ would close down because of the dance clubbing scene :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

it's a ****ing dive of a place.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I love coppers! Haven't been there in a while because after a while the bouncers started asking me "Ah, where were you last week? I didn't see you here" then i knew it was bad :D

I enjoy watching preppy boys and girls think they are so posh! With the A&F and designer bags

ps: i sometimes dress like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Cheerilee

Its not called Coppers for nothing.. I used to live with girls who went out with guards and it was the ONLY place they used to frequent...
    I haven't been there in years but each time I was forced to go I swore it would be the last:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Cheerilee wrote: »
    Its not called Coppers for nothing.. I used to live with girls who went out with guards and it was the ONLY place they used to frequent...
    I haven't been there in years but each time I was forced to go I swore it would be the last:)
    I bet they were nurses too.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Im too upper class.
    Eh..thats why I never get in.
    I think... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

coppers is no longer as much a culchie spot as it was.the dubs have invaded lately especially the D4s.was there few weeks back and it was full of stuckup knobs!

There are hardly any culchies left there :D

The D4 people have invaded the place with their A&F t-shirts... Everyone talking about Bank of Mum & Dad :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

MIN2511 wrote: »
    There are hardly any culchies left there :D

The D4 people have invaded the place with their A&F t-shirts... Everyone talking about Bank of Mum & Dad :D

LOIKE :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Yes, i feel that modern irish culture is a heaving mass of hot sweating, groping flesh fondeling itself whilst downing wkd and jagerbombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Cheerilee

Ass Face wrote: »
    I bet they were nurses too.

No all teachers:D
    would only go out with guards and now all three of them are married to guards:confused: they met them all in Coppers...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

The company that imported us to Ireland put us in the Jackson Court Hotel (near their offices), and thus CFJ's was my first introduction to Ireland.

I'm still carrying the scars, and a slight nervous tick whenever it's mentioned :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

mate of mine ended up ridin someone in her late 20's in here one night, when he was 17. says the majority are culchies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sillysasauge

mate of mine ended up ridin someone in her late 20's in here one night, when he was 17. says the majority are culchies.

LOLS!

I don't believe that! I hope you don't either

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

df1985 wrote: »
    was there few weeks back and it was full of stuckup knobs!

You find them in the country now too. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

isnt this open until 3am on Sunday whereas most other places close at 1.30am?
    havent been there in good while but from what i remember its an absolute free-for-all.

• Advertisement

Hmm.... the last time i was there, there was a lock in :D
    Left just before 4, when we got out there were loads of taxis

Advertisement