Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Battery Charging ?

• 28-01-2009 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

left the light on last night so naturally had a dead battery this morning when i needed to be in early.

Im trying to charge it now and would like a bit of help.

It recommends to disconnect the cables from the battery (to remove the battery from the car) but when i remove the cable the car starts beeping. i assume its the alarm on the car noticing that the battery has been removed.

I am scouring the owners manual now but its not very straight forward.

Can anyone suggest anything ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Have you a key to turn of the alarm while the battery is out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

mate just suggested that - but the dealer didnt give me one.

thats for the reply. ill try my best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,435 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

samhail wrote: »
    Hey guys.

left the light on last night so naturally had a dead battery this morning when i needed to be in early.

Im trying to charge it now and would like a bit of help.

It recommends to disconnect the cables from the battery (to remove the battery from the car) but when i remove the cable the car starts beeping. i assume its the alarm on the car noticing that the battery has been removed.

I am scouring the owners manual now but its not very straight forward.

Can anyone suggest anything ?

Get a mate with just leads, leave to charge insitu and then start. All will then be well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

good suggestion but thats what i was doing for an hour this morning in the cold and half asleep :(

ah well.
    problem resolved. *fingers crossed its charged over night*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

mickdw wrote: »
    Get a mate with just leads, leave to charge insitu and then start. All will then be well

If you can get a jump start, as suggested above all the better... your alternator will charge the battery up at about 90A!

A typical car battery would have a capacity of about 45AH's, So take her for a 30 min spin and you should be grand...

• Advertisement
Advertisement