Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upc Problem

Options
  • 28-01-2009 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi everyone. When I am on xbox live with the 20mb connection by upc I reguarly become disconnected and if i host a game everyone disconnects. Sometimes it works ok and other times it is unplayable. My internet works fine on the laptop. Its the some wether im wired or wireless I have the right ports forwarded etc.. I will probably ring the premium support line from upc I cant fix it. Also my speeds via speedtest.net are about 5000kb download and 500kb upload only a quarter of what I am supposed to get

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Did it just happen you there?
    caus eit happened me a few mins ago.. I was hosting a game and when the round was over it took ages to go back to the lobby... and the it kicked/every got disconncted..
    happening all the time it does to me. pain in the arse.
    complained loads of times.. told its a fault on the line on the road.. someone be out in a week to fix it.. told that 2 weeks ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Been having the same problem now for the last week days here also, it's rather annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Oh crap im thinking of getting UPC BB probably the 10 meg for my apartment next week. I will be doing a lot of online gaming. Just out of curiosity is everyone that is having this problem only using the Xbox or is it the same with the PS 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

ps3 is what i use and never have any trouble on upc. I've done everything that was suggested here though ,bought a linksys router and using opendns ports on the router.
    my signal bar in cod 4/5 is always maximum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Having similar problems here on my PS3, when im hosting a game on CoD4 the connection is great for everyone but after the game i freeze on the screen when it's returning to the lobby, and when i get to the lobby everyone's name dissapears.

Pretty annoying when im playing with some of my clan mates from Scotland, im the only one that is good enough to host.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

exactly the same with me!

whats going on NTL???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Also i had to delete the map pack to stop getting the 'couldn't get free pack index' error:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Any chance it could be due to upgrading the lines at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Lenny wrote: »
    Did it just happen you there?
    caus eit happened me a few mins ago.. I was hosting a game and when the round was over it took ages to go back to the lobby... and the it kicked/every got disconncted..
    happening all the time it does to me. pain in the arse.
    complained loads of times.. told its a fault on the line on the road.. someone be out in a week to fix it.. told that 2 weeks ago..

Still having problems Lenny?? Im in South Dublin and its been terrible

• Advertisement

Same here The-Game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Not as bad today, but the slow down on the dash is horrific, login takes ages, and several times i've had to reconnect to live, and as for joining games, it seems to get worse as the day goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Noticed a couple of issues myself too, has gone really bad in the last day or so, at least on my connection. Another extremely annoying problem is that Windows Live Messenger keeps randomly signing me out - it could sign out seven or eight times in half an hour or it could go hours on end without a hitch. There's no pattern to it. This is on two PCs and a laptop off the one connection. Funnily, the glitches on WLM coincide with dropouts on the PS3, specifically CoD4 and CoD WAW. Some sort of routing issue with UPC? BTW the PS3 and both PCs are hardwired, laptop is wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Also i had to delete the map pack to stop getting the 'couldn't get free pack index' error:(.
    i had to delete the map pack ages ago cos everytime i played a game it would end half way through and say host ended game even though i was the host

EDIT: i'm not havin any trouble with upc in newbridge, on the xbox or ps3, i have them both direct to the modem with a switch

Advertisement