Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 3rd Party Router To resolve the old Ps3 Nat issue?

Options
  • 28-01-2009 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Ok i know i am probably going to get slated in this post for mentioning the Ps3 nat issue, I know there has been alot of posts in the past ragarding tutorials and set ups... But my question is... If i was to replace my netopia with a 3rd party lynksis or the likes, Will it run succesfully off the eircom dsl? If so, is there a more nat friendly router when it comes to setting up a Ps3 than the netopia? With Upnp settings that are a bit more reliable? The netopia seems to time out when trying to obtain an Ip address, And although the Upnp is enabled on the router, When i run a Test on the Ps3 the Upnp shows up Unavailible.

Maybe you can reccomend a router to me, Or tell me how much of a gamble i am taking by forking out on a router, if you think that it may not solve anything, Please let me know, Or is it likely to fix the issue? It is apparent to me that the netopia is not very ps3 friendly as i have tried nearly every Tutorial on the web to configure settings and forward ports with no joy..

I know im not the only person with this headache, it seems to be an eircom trademark that 1 in 5 ps3 setups encounter a problem... I Pm'd some of the users that have encontered the PPPoe timing out issue and most of them havnt been able to fix it,Do you thing that a new router is the answer?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

All that bold text really makes things hard to read, especially when you have no paragraphs so if you were trying to draw attention to your post you may have the opposite effect.

I had a Netgear router and also some other brand router and there was problems connecting to games in Call of Duty on the PS3.

I'm using a 3com one now and things seem to be much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 robshere2008

Im just kind of anxious to resolve the problem, its been goin on for ages now, and i have games that a cant play online

Advertisement