Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Littermaid?

Options
  • 28-01-2009 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I just decided to order one of these self cleaning cat litter boxes. The price on the Irish zooplus website (zooplus.is) is 195 euro (with free delivery). Price on the UK version of the website (zooplus.co.uk) is 130 GBP (approx 140 euro) which also includes free delivery. Luckily I checked cause I just saved myself 55 euro but it's a complete rip off for those who don't check the UK website. Won't be ordering anything from zooplus.ie again...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Thats a very spammy post right there..
    i think most people know that UK websites have better deals, but is it worth starting a thread about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

KatCookie wrote: »
    Thats a very spammy post right there..
    i think most people know that UK websites have better deals, but is it worth starting a thread about it?

Jeez sorry, just trying to help. First post on boards.ie and I get shot down for it. I'll delete the post if the mods want me to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Maggie.23

Why not point it out Katcookie?
    I noticed the difference in the prices from zooplus.ie as opposed to zooplus.co.uk recently, but if I hadn't noticed I'd appreciate someone pointing it out to me as it's a big saving when you buy your pet stuff online.

Didnt mean to be so rude, i should have been more constructive and pointed out to you that new boards posters that mention websites and selling things often get reported for spamming, but i didnt report you. At first i thought you were spamming but i realised you werent because you mentioned different versions of the same website and not pimping your own site by saying "buy it here, its cheaper!"

Anyways, are you absolutely sure its free delivery to Ireland? even if it was it would be worth it becuase you'd still be making a saving of ~€50 .. but they alwasy catch you out on the fine print..

KatCookie wrote: »
    Didnt mean to be so rude, i should have been more constructive and pointed out to you that new boards posters that mention websites and selling things often get reported for spamming, but i didnt report you. At first i thought you were spamming but i realised you werent because you mentioned different versions of the same website and not pimping your own site by saying "buy it here, its cheaper!"

Anyways, are you absolutely sure its free delivery to Ireland? even if it was it would be worth it becuase you'd still be making a saving of ~€50 .. but they alwasy catch you out on the fine print..

No probs KatCookie I can see your point. Shipping is definitely free (for orders over 39 GBP). I've just double checked the site to make sure http://www.zooplus.co.uk/web/shop/checkout/shippingCost.jsp

I actually made an extra saving as the item was on sale at 114 pounds yesterday when I ordered it so I saved about 70 euro (yay!!)

• Advertisement

Lucky you then waraf!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Could you use this for more than one cat? It says on the site "self-cleaning litter box for single-cat households" :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

I want to say thank you very much for highlighting this waraf, as I order from Zooplus all the time (3 very hungry cats and a dog) and I hadn't realised that you could order from the UK site - I've just saved 35 Euro! (I put in an order quickly just in case they change the prices soon..:D)

sillymoo wrote: »
    Could you use this for more than one cat? It says on the site "self-cleaning litter box for single-cat households" :confused:

I would check the littermaid website. I think you may be looking for the 'mega' model. http://www.littermaid.com/showproducts.asp

Blueprint wrote: »
    I want to say thank you very much for highlighting this waraf, as I order from Zooplus all the time (3 very hungry cats and a dog) and I hadn't realised that you could order from the UK site - I've just saved 35 Euro! (I put in an order quickly just in case they change the prices soon..:D)

My pleasure Blueprint (did I mention my cut is 10% ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

waraf wrote: »
    I would check the littermaid website. I think you may be looking for the 'mega' model. http://www.littermaid.com/showproducts.asp

I want :D

sillymoo wrote: »
    I want :D

Yeah it looks good and they're a big seller in the states apparently. I'll post a review after I have received and used it for a few days.

Advertisement