Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free SMS messaging from your WEB site?

• 28-01-2009 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Folks,

I know this comes up intermittently but I haven't managed to find an answer.

Does anyone out there know is it possible to set up an SMS messaging service from your web site that's 100% free to the site owner.

Cheers,

S.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you could use my service that uses your web texts. what kind of service are you trying to do? what's the point of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭Damien360

sam,

Had a look at your site and the linky to the original boards thread (over 100 pages). Can your application be set to use the LAN only from a phone with LAN capabilty. Planning on using a Nokia E51. I tried a link to the vodafone site on the phone but the page crashes when I try to load the home page fully. I am assuming your applicaiton gets around this judging from the thread.

Damien360 wrote: »
    sam,

Had a look at your site and the linky to the original boards thread (over 100 pages). Can your application be set to use the LAN only from a phone with LAN capabilty. Planning on using a Nokia E51. I tried a link to the vodafone site on the phone but the page crashes when I try to load the home page fully. I am assuming your applicaiton gets around this judging from the thread.

yes there is a mobile version that can be used over wifi and yes it gets around that. if you don't have a data plan, sending a text should cost roughly 2c

Thanks for the reply. Note a link on your site is not working. It is the one to check if your mobile has JAVA capability. Not an issue when there is google !

Thanks for the reply. Note a link on your site is not working. It is the one to check if your mobile has JAVA capability. Not an issue when there is google !

where is this link?

• Advertisement

loaded your application and it works a treat. thanks

Picture of broken link on your site attached

loaded your application and it works a treat. thanks

Picture of broken link on your site attached

thanks for that. link fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 4 seanie_pc

Thanks fella's.. I want to start up a site to sell my photography... I'd like to add the free sms as a service to visitors...

Advertisement