Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing your own drink into clubs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Ah... I only drink cider these days...

Argh... I can carry bottles in my bag :D

Last week i was out with friends and i carried a bottle of bulmers light from Dawson Lounge to Bruxells-no point wasting it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

DubLass wrote: »
    The best one Ive ever seen was when my friend brought a big wrapped pressie into a 40th party we were at in a hotel, the pressie contained 12 bottles of miller for herself for the evening :D

That is bloody genius!

I still do the shoulder of vodka thing if I'm heading out for a night, walk straight in with it in the back pocket underneath a full length trench-coat, never fails

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

People used to smuggle dutch gold into the student bar in UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

jester77 wrote: »
    Some of us live in places where the pubs are open all night, public transport runs all night and beers can be gotten for as little as €1.50 - €2.00 in some of the pubs :D

So what your saying is, Party at your Gaff???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Another reason to go to a country other than Ireland... something tells me the women there are savage too wherever that is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Sútalún wrote: »
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Naggin.
    Works all the time..
    Except that one time the bouncer felt me in the wrong place.
    Or when it fell out of my pocket and smashed in the jacks.
    Yourman with the sprays wasn't best pleased. Didn't offer me a chewing gum..

Use malibu from now on, sure its weaker, but the naggin is plastic, no more breakages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Red Alert wrote: »
    Another reason to go to a country other than Ireland... something tells me the women there are savage too wherever that is!

And even if they are not, a little help from Comrade Smirrnoff, and his Pals, will soon make them savage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I always bring a shoulder out with me. the present thing is bloody brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I kick people out when ever I see them drinking alcohol that wasn't purchased in my bar. On Fri/Sat nights when I walking the floor I'm always looking for it.

If you want to drink on my premises, you buy the alcohol there.

If the cops come in and do a random check on (happens a lot) and they find someone wasted in my bar, then I can get a fine of a few grand, lose my mangers licence and bar licence. Doesn't matter to the cops if I tell them the y never had a drink in the bar. We are supposed to look out for the safety of customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Use malibu from now on, sure its weaker, but the naggin is plastic, no more breakages.

To be honest that was ages ago..
    Yeah I wouldn't fancy bringing a glass bottle into a club to be honest. Then leave it in the jacks and pretty much handing someone a weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

do they have BYO restaurants in Ireland at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

delllat wrote: »
    some clubs are free in

but some have 2 euro drinks nights ( i.e bondi... ) but thats for the young ones... not ye' old timers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

rubadub wrote: »
    My personal best was a 2L flagon of wine into the temple of sound, when they were finding E's in peoples mini jeans pockets. Frisked head to toe and they didn't find it.

For the high tec stasher, get the neoprene beer belly to keep it cold
    http://www.after5catalog.com/cocktailblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/beer-belly.jpg
    :eek:
    Didn't even know they existed! It was a vintage bordeaux i'm sure. Was it a good year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

jester77 wrote: »
    Some of us live in places where the pubs are open all night, public transport runs all night and beers can be gotten for as little as €1.50 - €2.00 in some of the pubs :D

yeah but u gotta put up with the german humour to get that

no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

madmik wrote: »

no thanks

I take it you haven't been!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

cooperguy wrote: »
    Id love to know where you go out cause I dont see that! Sure free in sometimes but drinks promotions when there is a cover charge, not where im from!

Louth :/

The clubs are total sh!te, but you can get hammered on 20 quid ;)

Rabies wrote: »
    We are supposed to look out for the safety of customers.

And we look out for the bank balances. I bring a naggin in when I go out...normally anyway.

If u were to do an "honest" night out in Dublin drinkin only in the pubs, then including entrance fees, payin more than 5 euro a pint just to "pre drink" and then the cost of the m,ore expensive drinks later + taxi fares and food you'd be looking at €150 at least.

I do most nights out on €40 - €50 quid nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

And we look out for the bank balances. I bring a naggin in when I go out...normally anyway.

If u were to do an "honest" night out in Dublin drinkin only in the pubs, then including entrance fees, payin more than 5 euro a pint just to "pre drink" and then the cost of the m,ore expensive drinks later + taxi fares and food you'd be looking at €150 at least.

I do most nights out on €40 - €50 quid nowadays.

Simple lesson to be learned there so - if you cannot afford it well then don't go out.

I would hate to think that my skinflint behaviour could cost someone their job.

M

MrsA wrote: »
    Simple lesson to be learned there so - if you cannot afford it well then don't go out.

M

I stand by what i said. I don't wanna cause anyone to lose their job but clubc rip everyone off and houseparties are hard to come by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

I have one of those long officie type jackets with loads of pockets, I've made an art out of getting booze in and out of clubs. Bottle each pocket going in with one up right sleeve (passport in left hand). Get about 6 beers in (8's my record).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

madmik wrote: »

no thanks

Agree with above, I take it you've never been! Frankfurt, Munich, Berlin and Hamburg are great towns to go out in. Even small citys like Bochum are really good, and the people are really friendly and bang on I found.

Sneaking in a naggan isn't going to cost anyone a job. And the pubs have being ripping people off for years, so don't think anyone has any sympathy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

MrsA wrote: »

M

If he takes your advice and doesn't go out at all then it's the same idea right? At least with his naggin he will pay in and potentially buy other drinks. In fact what you said makes no sense to me at all.

LOL hadn't thought of that.

The liklihood of a guy losing his job because someone brought a naggin in with them is very very small. About as likely as getting prosecuted for drinking in public on Paddys Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

rubadub wrote: »
    My personal best was a 2L flagon of wine into the temple of sound, when they were finding E's in peoples mini jeans pockets. Frisked head to toe and they didn't find it.

Jaysus that's good work, I remember having under my belt and the seem of my jeans searched going in there, still managed to get a little friend or two in though;)
    Yeah I wouldn't fancy bringing a glass bottle into a club to be honest. Then leave it in the jacks and pretty much handing someone a weapon.

Yeah, I mean it's not as if people can't just go up to the bar and buy a drink in a glass, or, god forbid, even a glass bottle:rolleyes:

I know of one pub that was frequented by students and as such, had a load of people bringing in their own booze. The manager set up an "amnesty" where (like a cloakroom) you hand any booze you have on you over to a person by the door, they store it in the cold room, you get it back when you leave. Very handy for that stoopid 10 o'clock offy closing.

And to those people who says it does no harm, or

M
    If he takes your advice and doesn't go out at all then it's the same idea right? At least with his naggin he will pay in and potentially buy other drinks. In fact what you said makes no sense to me at all.

It's not the same. They still occupy space that could be taken by someone who actually buys booze there.

I personally think its a disgusting foul thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7V3n_TJJgNI/RqQ4XFLwiLI/AAAAAAAAAMo/SnMFQixiabE/s320/oh%2Bduh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

When i have money i am going to invest in a flask

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Papa Smut wrote: »
    I know of one pub that was frequented by students and as such, had a load of people bringing in their own booze. The manager set up an "amnesty" where (like a cloakroom) you hand any booze you have on you over to a person by the door, they store it in the cold room, you get it back when you leave. Very handy for that stoopid 10 o'clock offy closing.

And to those people who says it does no harm, or

It's not the same. They still occupy space that could be taken by someone who actually buys booze there.

I personally think its a disgusting foul thing to do.

Disgusting and foul is a bit too powerful a vocabulary to use for it in fairness. Someone who buys one drink all night is occupying space too. How dare they? The way things are going people occupying space and filling capacity to it's peak will be an odd weekend compared to every weekend. If someone has a naggin on them they are still buying overpriced mixers as well.

Never do it myself. I prefer my naggin to be in me beforehand and then just buy a couple of drinks during the night to keep the buzz ticking over. What's the difference between me and someone who takes it in with them? I'm occupying space and not intending to spend much either.

I recently invested in a 7oz hip-flask(holds a naggin). Its fits perfectly in your pocket unlike a glass naggin bottle. I bought 3 litres of vodka up the north before xmas for filling it and its saved me a fortune bringing it to clubs. 20 or 30 euro on pints in the pub, 10 into the club and maybe 5euro for a taxi home. so around 50 euro. That would be over 100euro without my trusty flask. I have brought it loads of times as have a good few friends of mine who also invested and its so neat it wont be noticed.

• Advertisement

Would you do it on a first date? No. Because it's a disgusting and filthy thing to do.

Advertisement