Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing your own drink into clubs.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭SAVE_ME.222

Papa Smut wrote: »
    I personally think its a disgusting foul thing to do.
    Would you do it on a first date? No. Because it's a disgusting and filthy thing to do.

And smoking isn't? I'll continue to enjoy nights out with my mates for less than €10 thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Would you do it on a first date? No. Because it's a disgusting and filthy thing to do.

I'd imagine it's more a first date not involving knocking back the beers until kick out time.

Whats disgusting and filthy? Drinking in general or bringing you own drink to clubs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

some of these tips should be in the stingy thread

anyone who can get by on a hip flask wouldnt be much of a drinker anyway

and sneaking in cans of beer is just idiotic

if ur gonna do it do it right ,sneak in a 70cl of jameson at least or get you gf to bring a 1l in the handbbag

its easy done ,just suck in your stomach and put it down ur jeans and expand stomach to tighten

madmik wrote: »
    some of these tips should be in the stingy thread

anyone who can get by on a hip flask wouldnt be much of a drinker anyway

There would be a feed of pints had in the pub so the hip-flask would be to keep topped up in the club.

Bringing your own drink is a club thing I would always drink pints in the pub and I dont like drinking in houses so I have to save money somehow. The clubs have enough of my money with the entry fee anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

To be honest, I do whatever I can to save money.
    First date or not I'l drink about 6 to 8 tins in me mates, then go to the pub for maybe a pint while am waiting for the club to open. Then I'l go to the club and begrudgedly hand the b'astards a tenner or whatever. When I get in I whip out the naggan of southern comfort or glens and get hammered. Maybe buy 3 bottles of coke or 7-up in the place all night.
    I know I'm stingey but to be honest, any tosser prepared to pay full price for drinks these days can be my guest!
    I'd easily get a class night out for 45 quid..even 45 seems a bit much tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

On the doors i used to catch all manner of eejits trying to sneak stuff in. Some were genius, some were total rubbish.

I remember one lad sticking out a mile from his group, he was standing ramrod straight and really still. I stopped him and asked him did he mind if i searched him and straight away his face fell! He said "don't bother" and took off his big puffy coat and pulled up his shirt and had two litre bottles of vody duct taped to his back! We had great fun taking the tape of him the poor bastard!!! Apparently him and his mates had all made the deal where the last person to show up at the party house had to sneak in the booze!

I let them all in, they had a great night and we handed them back their booze as they left. You can't blame someone for trying when it's that funny!

Other times you'd be checking a girls bag and find a small bottle of something, tell them they can't bring it in and they tear into you, calling you all sorts of names and cursing your poxy club. The default here would just be tell them not to bother coming back.

I could never understand people who would get shirty when i caught them, at the end of the day they didn't have a leg to stand on! The guys who would just have a laugh with it and know they got caught would always be allowed in and get their booze back at the end of the night!

I actually got in trouble with the cops once, as they saw a guy leaving with a load of cans and thought we had sold him take away against our license!

Dragan wrote: »
    On the doors i used to catch all manner of eejits trying to sneak stuff in. Some were genius, some were total rubbish.

I remember one lad sticking out a mile from his group, he was standing ramrod straight and really still. I stopped him and asked him did he mind if i searched him and straight away his face fell! He said "don't bother" and took off his big puffy coat and pulled up his shirt and had two litre bottles of vody duct taped to his back! We had great fun taking the tape of him the poor bastard!!! Apparently him and his mates had all made the deal where the last person to show up at the party house had to sneak in the booze!

I let them all in, they had a great night and we handed them back their booze as they left. You can't blame someone for trying when it's that funny!

Other times you'd be checking a girls bag and find a small bottle of something, tell them they can't bring it in and they tear into you, calling you all sorts of names and cursing your poxy club. The default here would just be tell them not to bother coming back.

I could never understand people who would get shirty when i caught them, at the end of the day they didn't have a leg to stand on! The guys who would just have a laugh with it and know they got caught would always be allowed in and get their booze back at the end of the night!

I actually got in trouble with the cops once, as they saw a guy leaving with a load of cans and thought we had sold him take away against our license!

thats a classic
    :D

Dragan wrote: »

PM me the genius ways!! :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Naggin of decent whiskey in the coat pocket.

I like the snazzy places and the kips alike, the fancier the place, the pricier the drink, the less likely the clientèle will be sneaking in drink as they have more money, these are the places to hit first.

I'm 22 and have spent a fcuk load on nights out until last weekend, bought in an offy before hand, great so it was.

I'll be doing it in future, and then by the time I'm langered I'll be at a club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,906 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Why is this not allowed actually?

I can see the obvious reasons mangment want to enforce it, but is there actually any law stipulating that you may not bring your own drink into a club?

is it actually illegal or something managent just enforce so you buy rediculously over-priced drink inside?
    Its not illegal. Nor is it illegal to bring your own food into a cinema. Its just a House Rule enforced by the owner of the private property. You can be banned from said private property by the owner or by extension the management, but thats it.

Malibu is my smuggle of choice. JD got too risky - not only would you reek of whiskey but if you wanted to coke it down you needed to get a pint glass for it and pour it in - the whole process looked conspicuous. Besides, I worked at said establishment, and they cnuts were too cheap to treat their own, I wasnt going to cut into my wages.

2 litres of vodka: what the f*ck?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Some restraunts allows its customers to bring in their own wine so I assume that there's no law stating that you can't bring you own drink into a licensed premises

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

There is over here. Not sure about Ireland.

And we look out for the bank balances. I bring a naggin in when I go out...normally anyway.

If u were to do an "honest" night out in Dublin drinkin only in the pubs, then including entrance fees, payin more than 5 euro a pint just to "pre drink" and then the cost of the m,ore expensive drinks later + taxi fares and food you'd be looking at €150 at least.

I do most nights out on €40 - €50 quid nowadays.

If you can't afford to drink in the bars because of their prices, then don't pay it. No one is forcing you.
    Like most have said, drink at home, then only have one or two drinks out on the town.
    What ever about the cost of drink, ya it can be expensive. Apart from it being illegal to bring drink on the the premises, it also rude. You'd never thing about whipping out a foot long Subway when dining out meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭DubLass

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Some restraunts allows its customers to bring in their own wine so I assume that there's no law stating that you can't bring you own drink into a licensed premises

... and charge corkage??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Played a gig tonight, it was a tenner in to see us, no guest list so what we did was bring 2 crates hidden in our gear bags and gave everyone that showed up a beer or 2 on the sly to make it less of a dent in their wallets.

The band drank the whole night for free... Everyone had a good time, I will definately be doing it again.

I'm not a fan of corkage. Especially excessive charges. Small charge, fine. I've heard of people getting charged $10 to have their wine opened in a BYO. Crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I buy a naggin out and then bring the empty naggin home with me and top it up before the next night out with tesco vodka.
    Have the same naggin bottle for 4 weeks now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Caliden wrote: »
    I buy a naggin out and then bring the empty naggin home with me and top it up before the next night out with tesco vodka.
    Have the same naggin bottle for 4 weeks now

Now THAT is cheap.

can't blame ya though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Now THAT is cheap.

can't blame ya though.

Times are hard my friend. And for a jobless student, It's even harder

• Advertisement

Rabies wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of corkage. Especially excessive charges. Small charge, fine. I've heard of people getting charged $10 to have their wine opened in a BYO. Crazy!

some places charge the price of their cheapest bottle of house wine as corkage to anyone who brings their own bottle
    (usually about 15 or 17quid)

a cheaper solution would be to bring a corkscrew as well and open it yourself after the waiter takes the orders

they wouldnt like it but i doubt theyde have the balls to say anything to a table full of people who have just ordered meals

Advertisement