Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom settles with music firms - Boycott Eircom

Options
  • 28-01-2009 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Eircom settles with music firms

High Court proceedings between Eircom and four music companies - EMI, Sony, Universal and Warners - have been settled on an amicable basis. The proceedings had been in court for eight days.

Under the settlement, the record companies will supply Eircom with the internet provider addresses of all persons who they detect illegally uploading or downloading copywrite works on a peer to peer basis.

Eircom has agreed that it would disconnect any broadband subscriber who failed to comply, following a warning they were acting illegally.

I will be interested to hear if they misidentify anyone.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

DRI response here:

http://www.digitalrights.ie/2009/01/29/three-unproven-allegations-and-youre-out/

There's a long track record of misidentification in the US - I'd be suprised if it were any different in Ireland. The difference of course is that in the US you can challenge misidentifications in court. I can't see the Eircom helpdesk being too interested in adjudicating on the finer points of linking the IP to the individual.

Advertisement