Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant wait for college!!! pity bout da leavin..!!!

Options
  • 28-01-2009 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

anyone else here who actually jus cant wait to go to college next year???
    it just suuuuuucks dat we hav to do dis stupid leavi cert ting!!!!
    i swear id do anything to just get it outa da way NOW!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

croker1 wrote: »
    anyone else here who actually jus cant wait to go to college next year???
    it just suuuuuucks dat we hav to do dis stupid leavi cert ting!!!!
    i swear id do anything to just get it outa da way NOW!!!!!

Good luck with the English Paper.

And yes, College is everything it's cracked up to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Yea I can't wait to get the fúck out of school and go in college....gotta make the most of it tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

College is good, but always remember that in some ways.....it still sucks;)
    Just don't get into the mindset that all you do at college is party. This may be the case in fiction, but this is not the case at least where I go(DIT)
    College ain't all it's cracked up to be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Naikon wrote: »
    Just don't get into the mindset that all you do at college is party. This may be the case in fiction, but this is not the case at least where I go(DIT)

Possibly if you chose a College with a campus there'd be more of an atmosphere :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Fad wrote: »
    Possibly if you chose a College with a campus there'd be more of an atmosphere :p

The city is their campus though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

all the work better be worth it. the leaving cert is killing me.... and i havn't really even started studying yet (pres start wed....god knows what i'll do:S)

where is everyone heading to college???

timmywex wrote: »
    The city is their campus though

I get that, but it doesnt really provide the "College Atmoshpere"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

FACT: college is a load of toss and i guarentee u want like it. as far as im concerned i hope the next few months go at a snails pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Naikon wrote: »

Very true. But then I kinda don't go to lectures enough to justify having an opinion. An eh..Im not even in first year. :o

College is class. Some hermits in this forum. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

not really. i have a life in school, free gaffs at the weekend and banter in class is much better than being in a class where the majority will be outcasts.

you were probably one of those people who lived for college, and spent 6 years in 2ndry school sitting at the front of class

you were probably one of those people who lived for college, and spent 6 years in 2ndry school sitting at the front of class

What is exactly the problem with that? and can you not do both?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm looking forward to university more than I was earlier in the year. We've almost finished everything in school and there's not much else to learn. :(

I don't think I'll be fond of the social aspect of college though. :pac:

not really. i have a life in school, free gaffs at the weekend and banter in class is much better than being in a class where the majority will be outcasts.

You were probably this guy in school.

r138396_472631.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The prospect of going to college is the only thing that got me through 6th year, tbh. Okay, it was a deadly year, but after 6 years I was tired of secondary school, tired of being treated like a child. I mean... asking to go to the toilet? Having to make up excuses as to why you're late? Having to make up excuses as to why you've no homework done? Gets old.

College is deadly, though I've basically been sick since Freshers Week due to BUSY BUSY BUSY. Too many societies, not enough time. (Also quite demanding work load, for my course at least.)

The prospect of going to college is the only thing that got me through 6th year, tbh. Okay, it was a deadly year, but after 6 years I was tired of secondary school, tired of being treated like a child. I mean... asking to go to the toilet? Having to make up excuses as to why you're late? Having to make up excuses as to why you've no homework done? Gets old.

College is deadly, though I've basically been sick since Freshers Week due to BUSY BUSY BUSY. Too many societies, not enough time. (Also quite demanding work load, for my course at least.)

Indeed. That's what it is all about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Jeez can't wait this LC over....

Advertisement