Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a small tv on wall

Options
  • 28-01-2009 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi I have a 19" lcd for my childs room , the only problem is that the wall that we need to put it on is only plaster board , ANY IDEAS on what I can do , The plasterboard is the only wall that it can go.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Heatherview

Hi KershawD
    Behind the plasterboard there are timber struts the board is nail too. You will need to find these studs and that will give you something solid to put the brackets on. See if you can find somebody with a stud finder carpenter or handy man it's a tool that will find timber studs.
    Heatherview

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Use heavy duty plasterboard wall plugs and you should be fine.
    But like the above poster says to be safe, especially as it's a child's room find the studs to attach the brackets to. A stud finder isn't too expensive. You can buy one in woodies for less than 20 I'm pretty sure. Their own brand, Rok do them for fairly cheap. Rok stuff in general is muck however a stud finder should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

TVs on wall brackets can be pretty heavy, and certainly too heavy to fix to plasterboard. Like heatherview says, you need to find the battens behind the plasterboard (personally I poke about with a gimlet until I find them, and then fill the gimlet holes with Polyfilla!). Having found the battens, I would drill right through them into the wall and then mount the bracket using frame anchors (available from all DIY stores).

Advertisement