Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actuator question

Options
  • 28-01-2009 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

I want to experiment with an automatic choke on an older sports car I have. I need something like a 12v solenoid valve or actuator. I know you can get a 24V actuator for underfloor heating but could anyone tell me if this strictly operates at 24V or would the 12V from a car battery also cause it to open/close. Anyone ever try using one with 12V or if anyone has one spare, could they test it on a car battery.

Thanks,

T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

You could try maplin and get a central locking actuator. These are quite cheap and run off 12V

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=12304

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Thanks, DublinDilbert

Will have a look at Maplin's website. I need the solenoid valve or actuator to allow air to flow thru' so a door lock actuator won't do me but thay may have something suitable on their site.

Thanks,

T

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

sorry i thought you were looking for a linear actuator to control a butterfly flap...

What size diameter bore are you looking for? If its something around 10mm, just use an idle control valve off a BMW or something similar....

Advertisement