Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I re-mortgage\get top up\get personal loan?

Options
  • 28-01-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just need some advice.
    I need to raise some cash asap. I have a 5k tax bill,a van on hp which i no longer need that has 13k remaining on it which i need to clear so i can sell it on.the repayments are killing me so i can`t afford to make repayments on another loan.

So basically in order to raise say 20k, should i consider remortgage or top up loan etc...or are there any other options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Before you pay off the HP agreeement on the Van, check out how much you could sell it for. It may be a lot less than 13k. If so, just give the van back - its HP afer all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Beetle, be aware (as you probably are) Vans are not selling right now, so a sale is out. But, why take out more finance over a longer term than the term of the van finance which I'm sure is not more than 4 or 5 years. You are best get that 5k elsewhere - but that in itself can be a problem.

Advertisement